+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Midnight, Texas (NBC Mondays 10 PM)

Re: Midnight, Texas (NBC Mondays 10 PM)

I just watched ep 3 and this show is so good, each episode just gets better & better it was good to learn more about Lemuel's character and his history with Manfred's grandmother in the ep, and I love the unity between the residents of Midnight, the town is such a close-knit community, everyone sticks together and work together to help & protect themselves and each other another thing I love about this show is that it seems to have an ensemble cast, there isn't just 1 pivotal main character in this show, even though Manfred is the lead character and protagonist, but he doesn't get all the intention, the other characters also get their decent share of focus and have their own important roles to play in the show, and all the main characters work together & stick together, the characters are like 1 collective unit and I love that
    We also learned a bit more about Joe the fallen angel's character in ep 3...it seems they're focusing on the different characters with every episode at a time. We learned a lot about the main character Manfred in the pilot as well as some focus on Bobo, while ep 2 shifted its focus a bit more on Fiji and the Reverend's characters, and ep 3 is mainly about Lemuel's character with a little bit more insight into Joe's character. I love that each of the characters get their own chance to shine in the series as oppose to just cramming everything and too much into 1 episode...hopefully we'll get to learn more about Olivia's character next soon

I can't wait for ep 4 next week!
    Dinahann likes this.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

I agree, I am really enjoying this show ...
    I find that it is "scratching the itch" that remained after the cancellations of True Blood and then Grimm.
    Dinahann likes this.
    "When someone shows you who they are, believe them ..." - Maya Angelou

Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

Season 1 Episode 2 - "Bad Moon Rising" - July 31, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight,_Texas

Manny enlists the help of the other 'Midnighters' to try and get rid of the ghosts and demonic entity haunting his house, and Fiji performs an exorcism to try and encourage the spirits to move. Meanwhile, Manny tries to help clear Boba's name by allowing Aubrey to inhabit his body so that he can see what happened to her, before relaying this to the sheriff at Davey, who still seems sceptical. The sheriff's deputy makes a fatal error when she decides to investigate noises coming from the Reverend's cellar, causing chaos throughout the town, which Lemuel, Manny, Fiji and Olivia try to clear up. The demonic entity in Manny's home turns out to be a lot more powerful than it first seems, causing serious problems for Fiji.
    No goat killers on my island.

Season 1 Episode 3 - "Lemuel, Unchained" - August 7, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight,_Texas

An old friend of Lemuel's arrives in town with a nest of vampires, though it's soon revealed that there's more to his visit than a reunion. Joe reveals who he is to the Reverend, and his fears about what's happening in the town. As Manny and the others prepare for a fight, Bobo and Fiji grow closer. Creek and her father clash over her relationship with Manny.
    It is kinda funny and ironic that Creek's father is totally oblivious as to what Midnight is and what the citizens are and even after being saved by Manfred still expects an apology from Manfred for knocking him out.
    No goat killers on my island.

I think Creek's father is just being an annoying and ungrateful douchebag, I don't like him at all

I think the fact that all the residents of Midnight already know that there are all kinds of supernatural creatures and freaks living in the town is enough, I don't think the town's regular folks (as in everyday "normal" humans) would want to know every single detail that happens in town...as long as they're safe I don't think they necessarily care what happens in town. But with the arrival of the vampires in this week's ep, the "normal" human residents had to be informed about what was going on...but these "normal" residents probably don't usually care what happens in town as long as it doesn't endanger them and their everyday lives, I think they're only informed when it's absolutely necessary. It seems Creek is the only "normal" person who is often kept in the loop about what happens in the town.
    Dinahann likes this.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

I've watched ep 4 "Sexy Beast" and I enjoyed it a lot, I think it's slightly better than last week's ep, although I did enjoy ep 3 too. Firstly to the positives I love about ep 4, it was interesting to learn more about Olivia's character and her backstory in ep 4, the succubus was also an interesting monster and I love how all the main residents of the town worked together to destroy the succubus, like they always do. The bond and sense of community between the residents of Midnight is really great and it's good to see Manfred is really fitting into the town well and he's becoming one of the "family" now
    I also love all the interactions between Fiji and Bobo in ep 4, and I won't spoil what happened to them in this ep in case anyone here hasn't seen ep 4 yet, but let's just say that if you like Bobo & Fiji together as a couple (like me) then you won't be disappointed with ep 4!

Now moving onto the negatives of ep 4...I am disappointed that the Reverend wasn't in this ep, instead we had Joe's gay partner in it and surprisingly he had quite a lot of screen-time in this ep. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against homosexuality or Joe's boyfriend, I don't mind the character, but up until now he has only been a minor character in this series and I would much rather prefer to see the Rev in this ep, so hopefully we'll see the Rev back in next week's ep. I also still don't like and don't trust Creek, and although I'm glad that her irritating douchebag father was not in this ep, but jeez, her brother is starting to annoy me too, he was so stupid in this ep

Overall ep 4 is a really good episode, slightly better than ep 3 and I can't wait for ep 5 next week
    Dinahann likes this.

I just watched episode 5 and I think this is probably the best episode so far, it was good to learn more about Manfred & Bobo's backstories they both have dark pasts, but I'm glad they're able to resolve the problems they were both running away from and hopefully now they can both move on with their lives.
    Based on previews I have watched for ep 6, it seems like next week we will finally learn who actually killed Aubrey...the writers have been stretching out her death storyline for 5 episodes already since the pilot, hopefully they will finally wrap up her death storyline soon in the next episode so that Bobo can finally move on from her death.

I'm looking forward to ep 6 next week.

FORT Fogey

I already adore this show!

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    I already adore this show!
    I do too! It's been quite a while since I've been so sucked in by a new show.

Thank you all for posting about this one!! I couldn't find anything to watch last night, so I thought, what the heck? Into On Demand, and 5 episodes later it's after midnight and I'm finally making my way to bed Alll I can think is darn - now I have to wait a whole week for the next episode! I agree with Fo'Realz, this definitely helps fill the Grimm void. I'm not sure this is a show that is going to stick around, but I'm definitely going to enjoy it while it does
    SpringMaiden27 and Fo'Realz? like this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast