+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PWS

Thread: Still Star Crossed

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Still Star Crossed

ABC. Apparently already cancelled--I guess even Shondra Rhimes can't pull off every show-- but very good actors, great costumes, somewhat soapy situations, but hey, based on Romeo and Juliet. Who knew that Juliet's dad really wanted her to marry Romeo (to bring some $$ from his more lower class origins [but rich] family into hers), and was just pretending to object to make Romeo more desirable!
    A bit confusing the first episode if, like me, you have trouble remembering which family was which, but it set up a nice situation where the ruling prince (and his sister princess) of the city had to force a Montague/Capulet marriage to unite the two most powerful families, so that neighboring cities wouldn't attack them--even if that meant forcing the woman he loved to marry someone else. At first a bit disconcerting that half the nobles seem to be black (have I missed some Italian history?), and mixed throughout the families, but after a while that fades out.
    Anyway, enjoyable if you like Rhimes' shows.
    Lizard likes this.

Re: Still Star Crossed

July 8th is next episode-- i hate that there has been delays in showing episodes
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

Re: Still Star Crossed

They trashed the one romance....not happy with what they did with Benvulio also
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

+ Reply to Thread