+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Feud: Bette & Joan on FX

Feud: Bette & Joan on FX

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post

Did anyone watch last night? Thoughts!

We loved it!!! JL & SS did wonderful as J&B!!!

"Pilot" · Feud · TV Review Feud

Before Feud: 8 places to start with Bette and Joan · Inventory · The A.V. Club

I know one thing for sure, allot of viewers of this show are going to be looking to see the REAL version of "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane"!!! YUP!!!

I saw it yearsssss ago and it freaked the heck out of me but I just kept watching and watching it!!! AND I would love to see it again esp NOW!!!
    redsox girl likes this.
    KAREN

Re: Feud: Bette & Joan on FX

Here is the Plot to the movie for any viewers of FEUD that have never seen the movie!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_E...3F_(1962_film)

Here is a the PLOT of "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane".

In 1917, Baby Jane Hudson is a vaudevillian child star while her sister Blanche Hudson is not famous and overlooked by their father. By 1935, both sisters are movie actors, but Blanche has achieved stardom, while Jane’s films have flopped, leading Jane to drink heavily. One night, returning from a party, one of the sisters gets out of the car to open the gate leading up to the house, while the other attempts to run her over. The resulting accident leaves Blanche paralyzed.

In 1962, a wheelchair-bound Blanche (Joan Crawford) and a bitter, irritable Jane (Bette Davis) are living together in Blanche's mansion. Because she is wheelchair-bound, Blanche rarely leaves her bedroom on the second floor and becomes close with her cleaning woman, Elvira (Maidie Norman). Elvira believes that Jane is exhibiting symptoms of mental illness and becomes concerned for Blanche's well-being, but Blanche defends her sister. Later, when Blanche informs Jane she may be selling the house, Jane's mental health begins to deteriorate further. During an argument, she removes the telephone from Blanche's bedroom, cutting Blanche off from the outside world. Later, Jane begins denying Blanche food, killing her pet parakeet and serving it to her on a platter. Later, when Jane leaves the house to put an advertisement in the paper, Blanche tries to get the attention of her neighbor, Mrs. Bates (Anna Lee), by writing a note pleading for help and throwing it out her bedroom window. Jane returns in time to notice the note and prevents Mrs. Bates from seeing it. When Jane reads the note, the two sisters quarrel again.

The next time Elvira comes to clean the house, Jane initially pays her and gives her the day off, but when Elvira returns later on, Jane abruptly fires her and sends her away. Meanwhile, Edwin Flagg (Victor Buono) sees Jane's newspaper advertisement for a piano player and arrives at the mansion, where he is hired by Jane to help her in her delusional plan to regain her childhood stardom. While Jane drives Edwin home, Blanche searches the house for food and discovers Jane has been forging her signature on checks. Desperate for help, Blanche crawls down the stairs and calls their doctor, telling him of Jane's erratic behavior and begging him to come to the house. Jane returns in time to find Blanche on the phone and beats her unconscious before imitating her voice over the phone and telling the doctor not to come. She then binds and gags Blanche and locks her back in her upstairs bedroom. Elvira, still suspicious of Jane, returns the next day and discovers Blanche in a weakened and starved state. Before she can rescue her, however, Jane beats Elvira to death with a hammer and disposes of her body.

Joan Crawford as Blanche Hudson.
    A week later, the police call the Hudson house and tell Jane that a cousin of her maid reported her missing. Panicking, Jane prepares to leave with her sister. Before they leave, Edwin shows up uninvited, hears a noise in Blanche’s room, and discovers what Jane has done to her. Frightened, Edwin runs away, and Jane drives Blanche to the beach. The discovery of Elvira's body is announced in the morning paper. At the beach, Blanche reveals that she was in fact the driver on the night of the car accident and that she tried to run Jane over for being mean to her at the party. Jane had been too drunk to remember what had happened and blamed herself for the accident. Jane responds pensively, "All this time we could have been friends." The police arrive to arrest Jane, and while they tend to Blanche, Jane dances before the puzzled onlookers, believing she once again has the same attention and admiration she received as a child. Whether Blanche has survived is not revealed.

**I noticed last night in the FX version they have shown 2x now Jane serving Blanche a dead rat on tomatoes.....I kept telling Hubby that when I saw the movie a longggg time ago it was a bird.
    So Feud most be changing some things up abit. Hubby has never seen the movie. I might buy it on Amazon.
    Punkin and redsox girl like this.
    KAREN

I loved it and can't wait til next week.
    momrek06 likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

I didn't love it, but I'm going to keep on watching. In fairness, I think my expectations and anticipation were so high that almost nothing could have made me LOVE it.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

I grew up on old Hollywood so for me this is a real treat! I love seeing the cameos like Joan Blondell!
    Punkin, momrek06 and Imperfect1 like this.

I loved it too! I'm a little PO'ed at Sarandon right now, but she is the perfect Betty Davis.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I loved it too! I'm a little PO'ed at Sarandon right now, but she is the perfect Betty Davis.
    Both actresses were fantastic.
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Oh gosh, now I wish we could see it , even more..
    momrek06 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

As much as they were both difficult women, I felt bad to see them struggling to get good roles in movies as they were shoved aside for younger women. Same ageism that goes on today for women. Thanks are a bit better, just look at Meryl Streep, but look at other actresses that have had a hard time getting a good role. And the drive to compete with younger actresses leads to all kind of plastic surgery nightmares.

And yes, Joan did bath her face in ice and alcohol.
    momrek06 likes this.

Thanks momrek06 for beginning this thread. I finally watched the pilot last night and look forward to the next episode. Interesting take so far.
    momrek06 likes this.
    "A goal without a timeline is simply a dream" Robert Herjavec

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast