+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Big Little Lies on HBO

Re: Big Little Lies on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I understand your concerns about adaptations from novels Linda! I'm encouraged by the fact they decided to do this as a limited series instead of a movie. By having more time, I think they'll really be able to tell the full story instead of chopping away so much to get it down to 2 hours than they lose a lot of the story.
    I agree, when you're adapting a novel into a movie, it's more tricky because you have to condense the entire story into just a few short hours, so there tends to be a lot more cutting away from the original story in order to accommodate for the much shorter time frame you have. But with a TV series, you have a lot more time and space and duration to incorporate as much information and details from the source material as you can. So I have faith in this series, so far the first episode is good, hopefully they will continue that momentum.
    Punkin likes this.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

I'm trying to like it. I grew up in Monterey so all I can do is notice what's wrong with the locations. (Only tourists go to the wharf for lunch!) But so far it seems flat. Maybe the story will get better?
    "Totalitarianism demands, in fact, the continuous alteration of the past, and in the long run probably demands a disbelief in the very existence of objective truth." George Orwell

Here's an article about it. The Surprising Generosity of

I'm liking it so far. It's a murder mystery, with lots of red herrings and a great cast!
    Lynda

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Okay, so did they air episode 2 this past Sunday? I was watching the Oscar telecast. I know HBO airs again during the week sometime but not sure which day.

FORT Fogey

Yes, episode 2 did air this Sunday. If you are an HBO subscriber and your cable system does not offer HBO On Demand, you should be able to watch it on the HBO Go app, and then you can watch it anytime you want.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Yes, episode 2 did air this Sunday. If you are an HBO subscriber and your cable system does not offer HBO On Demand, you should be able to watch it on the HBO Go app, and then you can watch it anytime you want.
    I just finished watching episode 2 on HBO Go. Celeste and her hubby have a very messed up relationship. I felt bad for Ed feeling like he wasn't Madeline's # 1. Boy, Madeline's oldest daughter is really a pill. I guess maybe they think this is how teenagers act but I don't enjoy watching her be moody and snotty to her mom. I don't enjoy Chloe very much either. She acts way too precocious for a 6 year old. Most girls her age that I have known are still playing with dolls. The music she was listening to in the car did not seem to be the type that a child her age would listen to. Yes, kids are exposed to a lot more these days and I don't expect her to be listening to Raffi (am I dating myself ), but still. And speaking of music, the soundtrack this episode was fabulous.

Another good show last night...I'm debating on starting the book or waiting until this is all over...I have some theories but will not get into them just yet. Loving this show and all the great acting!
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    Another good show last night...I'm debating on starting the book or waiting until this is all over...I have some theories but will not get into them just yet. Loving this show and all the great acting!
    My sister read the book and couldn't put it down!

I think I'll read it once the show is over. If I read it before, I will nitpick anything that is different, so I rather enjoy the show first!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

No comments on Sunday's episode? I was extremely disappointed to learn about Maddie's affair with the theater director. Ed was so cute in his Elvis costume; he seems like a nice, supportive husband and yet Maddie had not much of a reaction to his serenade.
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey

I don't recall the affair happening in the book. I read somewhere else suggesting that they strayed away from the book there and a few other places. Does anyone else who read it remember that being part of it? I remember Maddie's relationship with her husband being a bit challenged because she took him for granted ... or wasn't always sensitive to the way things she said and did impacted him. But I don't recall her cheating on him.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast