+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Big Little Lies on HBO

Re: BIG LITTLE LIES on HBO

I watched! I haven't read the book but don't want to start it now so I don't ruin it for myself. I thought it was really good. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes!
    Punkin, momrek06 and Eastcoastmom like this.
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Gee, momrek, you know all the characters' names already.

I like Laura Dern but the whole thing was mishandled about choking incident. Not sure whether Ziggy did it but what an angelic face he has!

Abigail seemed a bit off when we were introduced to her before school began; I have no idea why she would accuse Ziggy if he didn't do it.

Nicole looked very good...better than she has in a long time, IMO. Her plastic surgery ruined her
    beauty, IMO, but she looked much better tonight. Yikes to the hubby, though. Talk about a Jekyll and Hyde!

And sorry to disagree but I did NOT like Chloe. I know some kids are precocious but no way did she act 6. She was acting very bratty, IMO.

Oh no not at al!!!

IMDb is my friend!!!!

Also, keeping names straight.....the little girl that got choked is Amabella!

Abigail is Madeline's (RW) teen daughter!

And I do agree, Amabella seemed sad (as they were going into school)! Hmm.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    KAREN

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Apparently no witnesses. I wonder if it was self-mutilation.
    I was thinking the same thing but geez at age 6 that must be a seriously disturbed little gal.

I didn't know it was based on a book.
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.

I was a little apprehensive about this series in the beginning because I really like the original novel, and more often than not a lot of the movies and shows that are adapted from novels don't really turn out so well or they are not up to par with the original source material. But I decided to give this a try because of Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon and Alexander Skarsgard since they are all actors I like, and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I didn't know it was based on a book.
    what I love about it is that it's based on a novel written by an Australian author named Liane Moriarty, I've read a few of her novels including the one that this series is based on, as an Aussie myself, I'm glad to see more Hollywood or American productions being made based on Aussie source materials
    Punkin, PGM35, momrek06 and 2 others like this.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

FORT Fogey

Re: Big Little Lies on HBO

I understand your concerns about adaptations from novels Linda! I'm encouraged by the fact they decided to do this as a limited series instead of a movie. By having more time, I think they'll really be able to tell the full story instead of chopping away so much to get it down to 2 hours than they lose a lot of the story.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

I watched it as well and loved it! It's not often you see the likes of Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon in a TV series. I also glad that it is only one season long, so we will get to the end without cliffhangers. Although each preview for the following week seems to be a cliffhanger!

FORT Fogey

The book is written in such a way that each chapter makes you want to keep reading to find out what happens next. It seems like the episodes are divided among the chapters, so each likely will end as a bit of a cliff hanger.
    momrek06 likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Oh my gosh! I didn't make the connection until I saw Linda's post, but I read this book also about a year ago! I loved it, I've read all of Liane Moriarity's novels! Can't wait to watch!
    Punkin, momrek06 and Eastcoastmom like this.

I watched today and wow, it is really good. So many characters that I think I would have had trouble following it if I hadn't read the book.

Nicole Kidman really does look gorgeous. And so does Reese Witherspoon. It's almost like Reese is playing the adult version of her character in the movie "Election."

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    The book is written in such a way that each chapter makes you want to keep reading to find out what happens next. It seems like the episodes are divided among the chapters, so each likely will end as a bit of a cliff hanger.
    book was awesome!
    momrek06 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast