+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By AcookerTV
  • 1 Post By oceanus
  • 1 Post By oceanus

Thread: The Today Show (NBC)

The Today Show (NBC)

Wow - really had to DIG to find this thread.

Anyway, Tamron Hall has walked off the Today Show because network is making a place for Megyn Kelly for have her own 1 hr show. Apparently others are unhappy and a bit nervous.

Tamron Hall walks away from ‘Today’ over Megyn Kelly | Page Six

FORT Fogey

Re: Today show

I like Megyn Kelly. I think she's talented, likable, and a strong interviewer. But this is the second time now that her signing a contract has led to a major network shakeup. Is she worth it?

She was a talented and respected co-anchor at Fox when her contract was up for renewal, and she used that to angle for a primetime show. She did good things for the network, so it may have been worth it, but to accomplish it, they had to move Sean Hannity back an hour and weaken his show, and move Greta Van Sustren out of prime, which in some ways led to her leaving the network when a contract clause allowed for it. They also had to downgrade Shepherd Smith and take away his show.

Now, she signs with NBC, and in doing so they have to shake up the Today show which was working pretty well, and will lose at minimum one talented anchor over it.

Megyn is good ... but I don't see her as someone worth building an entire news operation around. I don't get it.
    causingchaos and Imperfect1 like this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

I agree 100% AcookerTV.

And I hate to say it but her exchange with Trump at the debate is what really made her famous and also very rich. Book, interviews, writing her own ticket. Apparently Hoda and Kathie Lee are safe, for now.

FWIW I love Megyn's haircut.
    causingchaos likes this.

FORT Fogey

I think that Megyn put herself on the map prior to that exchange with Trump - it's why Fox saw it as worthwhile to shuffle up prime for her. That took her to another level of fame - and probably is what made ABC and NBC come after her. But she'd been doing tough interviews at Fox before that which made people take notice.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Re: The Today Show (NBC)

If I'm home in the mornings I'm usually that 9-11 chunk of the today show. I like it because it's less serious and it's not the View or Kelly Ripa. I only have so many channels (like 5). I'm not really wanting to watch some one more serious like Megyn honestly. That being said as much as I like Tamron filling in for Lester Holt at night the few times I've seen it I don't watch the Today show for Tamron. Just like I didn't really watch for Anne Curry either. And I certainly don't watch for Savannah.

For me since Katie left there really hasn't been another one who had an identity for herself. The women they cycle through just seem kind of generic and without personality to me to a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think that Megyn put herself on the map prior to that exchange with Trump - it's why Fox saw it as worthwhile to shuffle up prime for her. That took her to another level of fame - and probably is what made ABC and NBC come after her. But she'd been doing tough interviews at Fox before that which made people take notice.
    Oh, sure, she had a very good career pre-Trump. But had it not been for that exchange, and the aftermath, most people would be ..."huh? Megyn who? oh, yeah, I think I've seen her..."

@causingchaos - I liked Meredith. I wasn't much of a Katie fan, though. I also never understood what the problem was with Anne Curry. That aside, I usually tune in to GMA and then flip the channel just to see what/who is on Today.
    Last edited by oceanus; 02-02-2017 at 08:44 PM.
    causingchaos likes this.

+ Reply to Thread