+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Winter TV 2017

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Winter TV 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I watched the premiere of Imposters on FX the other night and really liked it. Curious to see where it'll go and if it can keep up the "chase." Nice to see Brian Benben. I've always liked him.
    I LOVED "The Imposters"! This isn't usually the type of show I look for, but I loved the combination of intrigue, and humor, and a GREAT cast! Can't wait for episode 2!
    beerbelly and Coco46 like this.

I wasn't planning on watching Taken because I'm sort of over all the movie-to-tv adaptations (although I am enjoying Lethal Weapon). Then I saw that Clive Standen is starring and I changed my mind. I love him on Vikings and will pretty much follow him anywhere!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Anybody else watch Doubt last night on CBS?
    Wednesdays are kind of a dead TV night for me, so I was glad to find something that sounded interesting to try. I felt like they were just trying way too hard. The whole thing was a bit contrived & the actors/actresses just seemed too intense. All in all they were likable enough. And it had Judith Light at the end in the kind of role she can dig into.
    I did like it well enough to give it a few weeks try. Seeing that right now it's the only game in town on Wednesdays for me, I'll take it.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Wednesdays are kind of a dead TV night for me, so I was glad to find something that sounded interesting to try. I felt like they were just trying way too hard. The whole thing was a bit contrived & the actors/actresses just seemed too intense. All in all they were likable enough. And it had Judith Light at the end in the kind of role she can dig into.
    I did like it well enough to give it a few weeks try. Seeing that right now it's the only game in town on Wednesdays for me, I'll take it.
    I was going to record it. But I'm not a fan of Katherine Heigl. I'm looking forward to Chicago Justice.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't have a problem with Katherine Heigl, but she was kind of unmemorable in it. Could have been substituted for another blonde actress with no problem. It had Elliot Gould in it. He was good. I liked his character a lot & he did a great job with him. Laverne Cox was in it too. She also did quite well. And of course Judith Light. She was more memorable in the couple of minutes she was on than Katherine Heigl was in the rest of the show.
    All in all, the supporting cast is what's bringing me back, but who knows, it was just the Pilot, so maybe Katherine will step up.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

They've been running previews a lot and STILL I missed it. It's the 4th leg of the Chicago series. Am kind of meh on Heigl. Does it precede Chicago PD which airs at 10 pm? I already watch Fire, PD and Med so I may give this one a chance.

Thanks for the reminder about Doubt. I'm going to catch it OnDemand. I'm not a huge fan of KH, but I don't hate her as an actress. Would I want to have lunch with her? Probably not, based on her (bad) reputation, but she's blandly pleasant as an actress. I wouldn't watch a show just because of her, but I wouldn't avoid it because of her either. There are enough actors on the show that I like to make it worth a watch for me.

Really looking forward to Chicago Justice too. Funny that I normally would scoff at all of these "sister" series, but I actually like all of them.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I'll catch in on demand as well. I have a few movies in from the library , need more TV time( not)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    They've been running previews a lot and STILL I missed it. It's the 4th leg of the Chicago series. Am kind of meh on Heigl. Does it precede Chicago PD which airs at 10 pm? I already watch Fire, PD and Med so I may give this one a chance.
    Oops, just realized I commented on Doubt, thinking that it was Chicago Justice. I may give Doubt a chance seeing that Steven Pasquale is part of the cast.

I watched it, I liked it.

Interesting though because Wednesday is the busiest night for me. I record Six, Suits, Blindspot, Chicago PD & now Doubt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast