+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Winter TV 2017

Re: Winter TV 2017

Did anyone watch last Friday's premiere of Emerald City? I liked it a lot! There's some room for growth as the actors become comfortable in their characters but the scenery and twists on the familiar story are quite intriguing. Definitely adding this to my DVR.

Oh and Lucas....
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Did anyone watch last Friday's premiere of Emerald City? I liked it a lot! There's some room for growth as the actors become comfortable in their characters but the scenery and twists on the familiar story are quite intriguing. Definitely adding this to my DVR.

Oh and Lucas....
    I enjoyed it also, so it will stay on my DVR record list. I was excited when I saw the scenes filmed at Park Guell in Barcelona, Spain. I was just there last Sept. Its a beautiful place, and was perfect in the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post

Oh and Lucas....
    I'm hesitant to completely jump on board. There are very few shows that I just plain love right at Premier showing. Of course there was Lost. Later Once Upon A Time. More recently How To Get Away With Murder. All had or have slow seasons, but I still keep watching every week without fail. Very few shows do this for me.

But as for Emerald City, it got my interest, but didn't blow me away. I was confused during a lot of it. Maybe I was over tired. I really looked forward to this one a lot. I'm not sure if my initial interest is why I'm still in or not.
    I'm definitely in for tonight & at least for a few weeks. Then I reassess. But so far, so good.
    But as for Lucas? Yes, he definitely helps.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

KAREN

Binged Beyond on Freeform. I felt it started slowly and a little too simplistically. I watched the first three episodes on a regular schedule but I decided to binge the remaining 7 episodes On Demand and enjoyed it much more that way.

Tim Kring of Heroes fame is one of the producers and that may explain the "Man in the Yellow Jacket".

Lots of references to action movie franchises, and companies such as Blockbuster that disappeared in the last 10 years.
    No goat killers on my island.

FORT Fogey

I'm watching Beyond too, but not binging. It fits nicely with Shadowhunters on Monday nights for me. Enjoying both this winter.

Shadowhunters is moving at a better pace season 2, and airing Beyond then Shadowhunters is a good 1, 2 for Freeform especially for a Monday night.
    No goat killers on my island.

Putting this HERE.

May be LATE 2017 or EARLY 2018!!!

Will & Grace: NBC Officially Orders Revival

KAREN

I watched the premiere of Riverdale last night and thought it was just ok. It plays like the love child of Twilight and Twin Peaks. I dunno - I guess I'm not the demographic it's aiming for. Thought it was trying too hard to be edgy and dark. Also, having Luke Perry be the responsible Dad makes me feel old old old!
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Is anyone else watching SIX on the History Channel? It is about a team of Nayy Seals and at the moment they are trying to rescue one of their former members that has been kidnapped by Boko Haram. It's really good stuff & edgy to the max. There was even a Motherfu#@er dropped at the end of te show last night. Walton Goggins stars.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast