+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: The Crown (Netflix)

KAREN

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: The Crown (Netflix)

Hmmm, interesting choice -- but I wonder why they chose someone who's 8 years older to play Margaret, who was 4 years younger than Elizabeth. (Helena Bonham Carter was born in 1966 and Olivia Coleman was born in 1974.)
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Hmmm, interesting choice -- but I wonder why they chose someone who's 8 years older to play Margaret, who was 4 years younger than Elizabeth. (Helena Bonham Carter was born in 1966 and Olivia Coleman was born in 1974.)
    I was thinking, hmmm, as well..
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I really dislike this casting news. Ugggggh.
    tinderbox likes this.

Maybe just maybe she will surprise us.

I wasn't overly impressed with the Margaret in S2 ... so maybe HBC might better.

CF is who I will miss miss miss.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Maybe just maybe she will surprise us.

I wasn't overly impressed with the Margaret in S2 ... so maybe HBC might better.

CF is who I will miss miss miss.
    She may, I've never been very keen on her acting though. I will miss Foy terribly ( her beautiful eyes) but the next season she'll be getting on, our Elizabeth, so we need a more nature actress..
    momrek06 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I watched Olivia Coleman in "Hyde Park on Hudson" yesterday. She played the Queen Mother during George VI's visit to Franklin Roosevelt. I wasn't familiar with OC before; I think she'll do a great job as Elizabeth.

And I love HBC in anything. (She also played the Queen Mother . . . in "The King's Speech.") I think they'll make it work with her playing against OC.
    momrek06 and Imperfect1 like this.
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I watched Olivia Coleman in "Hyde Park on Hudson" yesterday. She played the Queen Mother during George VI's visit to Franklin Roosevelt. I wasn't familiar with OC before; I think she'll do a great job as Elizabeth.

And I love HBC in anything. (She also played the Queen Mother . . . in "The King's Speech.") I think they'll make it work with her playing against OC.
    I think she will be great, its who they chose to play Margaret i'm iffy about
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't understand why the current cast can't be aged with makeup tricks. I understand aging makeup can be off putting and almost comical, at times, but I'd rather enjoy further performances by CF et al, wearing bad makeup, than accepting new cast members.

That said, I have no idea how far forward in time The Crown is going. Anybody know how many more seasons are being planned?
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I don't understand why the current cast can't be aged with makeup tricks. I understand aging makeup can be off putting and almost comical, at times, but I'd rather enjoy further performances by CF et al, wearing bad makeup, than accepting new cast members.

That said, I have no idea how far forward in time The Crown is going. Anybody know how many more seasons are being planned?
    My understanding is the production as a whole didn’t want to bother with hours and hours in makeup daily for everyone as the series moved forward. Replacing the actors has been the plan all along.

I think the series is intending to go six seasons, a decade or so a season.

Even with a day of letting this Margaret news sink in, I’m still sore about it. Not many actors I truly dislike, but she’s one of them. Hopefully Margaret’s story is shown less next season as she divorces and things lead up to the Diana years. I can only hope!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast