+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Netflix 2017

CCL

Re: Netflix 2017

^Thanks for clarifying, causingchaos; it is good that you are enjoying it.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Iron Fist (TV Series 2017

IS ANYONE WATCHING IRON FIST?

I am and only at epi 7!
    Great characters, good story, its fun t
    AND I love it as much as I love Luke Cage, Daredevil and Jessica Jones!!!
    I am really liking this show too! Good characters and story--whats not to like! But some people have given the title role actor a hard time for not being Asian, and good enough in the show! 'Iron Fist' review: Why Netflix's show is a disappointing failure - Business Insider
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I am really liking this show too! Good characters and story--whats not to like! But some people have given the title role actor a hard time for not being Asian, and good enough in the show! 'Iron Fist' review: Why Netflix's show is a disappointing failure - Business Insider
    CJ, I read all the REVIEWS on IRON FIST ... BUT I pay no attention to reviews that are negative when I am LOVING the show!!! AND I HOPE AND PRAY it gets a Season 2!!!

(p.s. may be some spoilers in this article I posted so be aware when you read it. OR finish our the Season of Iron Fist then read it!!!)

Iron Fist season 2: Netflix release date, cast, latest news on Marvel series | TV & Radio | Showbiz & TV | Express.co.uk

Now check THIS out. This will be AMAZING!!!!!!!!

The Defenders (TV Series 2017
    KAREN

As a longtime Marvel comics reader (even though they mostly suck nowadays), my main thing with these shows as well as the movies is how much they resemble the comic counterparts and how much they did in their own that's not from the comics, as well as plot and characterization. I have not seen all because I'm too busy binging other stuff I never got to see fully (like Nikita), but so far I have enjoyed the first season of Daredevil, liked what bits I have seen from Luke Cage, have not liked what I've seen from Iron Fist (the one to most deviate from the comics by far, tied right along with Guardians of the Galaxy, which I loathe), and I downright despised Jessica Jones, which took me almost a month and a half to get through the full season because I found it genuinely painful.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    CJ, I read all the REVIEWS on IRON FIST ... BUT I pay no attention to reviews that are negative when I am LOVING the show!!! AND I HOPE AND PRAY it gets a Season 2!!!

(p.s. may be some spoilers in this article I posted so be aware when you read it. OR finish our the Season of Iron Fist then read it!!!)

Iron Fist season 2: Netflix release date, cast, latest news on Marvel series | TV & Radio | Showbiz & TV | Express.co.uk

Now check THIS out. This will be AMAZING!!!!!!!!

The Defenders (TV Series 2017
    Thanks for that article on Season 2. And I cannot wait for the Defenders!

Okay, who else hates Netflix's new "thumbs up or thumbs down" ratings? I want the old star system back.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I hate it too. IIRC, we have Amy Schumer to blame. Everyone was going on and giving her standup special crummy ratings and she or her reps (or both) whined about it. Now we have this lame thumbs up/thumbs down nonsense. What's super annoying is that it's nearly impossible to pierce the veil (climb the wall?) and actually send any communication to Netflix. I've suspected for a while that there aren't actually any people working there - it's all computers and algorithms.

So yeah, I remembered correctly. Here you go:
    Amy Schumer Netflix special reviews manipulated by 'alt-right' trolls

So instead of considering the possibility that many people (me included) don't think she's funny, they chalk it all up to alt-right trolls. Maybe the alt-right folks did go after her, but I can tell you, I'm the farthest thing from alt-right that you can get and I can't stand her.

In summary, this is why we can't have nice things
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I love COMEDY and I will give all COMICS a chance. Actually many chances.

AS is someone that I have "tried" to watch and I do not find her one bit funny.

Appears the list is growing by this article.

'Horribly Unfunny': Amy Schumer's Netflix Special Trashed In Reviews
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I hate it too. IIRC, we have Amy Schumer to blame. Everyone was going on and giving her standup special crummy ratings and she or her reps (or both) whined about it. Now we have this lame thumbs up/thumbs down nonsense. What's super annoying is that it's nearly impossible to pierce the veil (climb the wall?) and actually send any communication to Netflix. I've suspected for a while that there aren't actually any people working there - it's all computers and algorithms.

So yeah, I remembered correctly. Here you go:
    Amy Schumer Netflix special reviews manipulated by 'alt-right' trolls

So instead of considering the possibility that many people (me included) don't think she's funny, they chalk it all up to alt-right trolls. Maybe the alt-right folks did go after her, but I can tell you, I'm the farthest thing from alt-right that you can get and I can't stand her.

In summary, this is why we can't have nice things
    Isn't it possible that both are true - that some people think she's not funny AND trolls will troll her ratings?

I used to be a big Amy fan when she was an up and coming comic. I listened to her on the radio talking about the process of getting Trainwreck greenlit and filming it, and was so excited that her career was about to blow up to a level I would no longer have to explain to people who she was. After that movie came out and got the accolades I think it deserved, I think the fame went to her head, she changed, and lost a lot of her luster for me. So can understand why people love her, and I can understand why people don't care for her. I can understand why people would be motivated to write reviews either way.

I think it's also quite evident from comment sections on a host of websites that extreme ideologues will troll any opportunity they get to take on people who advocate for ideas they disagree with. So I fully believe that extreme gun rights people would target her and see reviews on a special as a way to "get her". Honestly, I think that Amy relishes the attention, and probably stokes the flames to further promote her fame.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Isn't it possible that both are true - that some people think she's not funny AND trolls will troll her ratings?

I used to be a big Amy fan when she was an up and coming comic. I listened to her on the radio talking about the process of getting Trainwreck greenlit and filming it, and was so excited that her career was about to blow up to a level I would no longer have to explain to people who she was. After that movie came out and got the accolades I think it deserved, I think the fame went to her head, she changed, and lost a lot of her luster for me. So can understand why people love her, and I can understand why people don't care for her. I can understand why people would be motivated to write reviews either way.

I think it's also quite evident from comment sections on a host of websites that extreme ideologues will troll any opportunity they get to take on people who advocate for ideas they disagree with. So I fully believe that extreme gun rights people would target her and see reviews on a special as a way to "get her". Honestly, I think that Amy relishes the attention, and probably stokes the flames to further promote her fame.
    That's what I said in my post.

I don't think she's funny and never have. Her schtick is cursing, her weight (which isn't funny) and, as is becoming more and more publicized, stealing other comedians' jokes. Do a google search about it and you find videos of other comics doing bits and then Amy doing them after that.

I fell asleep watching Trainwreck three times. Three strikes and you're out.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread