MARVEL Fans check this out!!!

AUGUST 18th!!!

Marvel and Netflix Defenders Get Premier Date and Teaser
    KAREN

Re: Netflix 2017

Iron Fist (TV Series 2017

IS ANYONE WATCHING IRON FIST?

I am and only at epi 7!

AND I love it as much as I love Luke Cage, Daredevil and Jessica Jones!!!
    KAREN

^^^ I posted about it in the binge watching thread. I watched it a few weeks ago. Liked it, but didn't love it. I thought Finn Jones was mis-cast. All in all, I'd rather have another season of any of the other three Netflix Marvel series!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I've been watching Anne of Green Gables on CBC. I see it's coming out to Netflix in the US here in the imminent future. It's a really dark retelling of the story. I never really enjoyed the books but I'm really enjoying this miniseries.
    Cornholio likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I've been watching Anne of Green Gables on CBC. I see it's coming out to Netflix in the US here in the imminent future. It's a really dark retelling of the story. I never really enjoyed the books but I'm really enjoying this miniseries.
    As a young girl, I was IN LOVE with all of the 'Anne of Green Gables' books, as were my mother and my grandmother when they were young, and more recently my daughter loved them when she was young --- and pretty soon her daughter (who just turned 10) will read and hopefully, love them too. That's why it really saddens me that the new tv series is, as you described, causingchaos, "a really dark retelling" of the story - because all of the books are so beloved in my family, partially because of the wholesomeness and sweetness of the story.

Why can't some things just be left alone?????
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 04-10-2017 at 11:44 PM.
    Cornholio likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    ^^^ I posted about it in the binge watching thread. I watched it a few weeks ago. Liked it, but didn't love it. I thought Finn Jones was mis-cast. All in all, I'd rather have another season of any of the other three Netflix Marvel series!
    I am watching it, on episode 9 I think. Considering the quality on most of the shows on Netflix and this is a Netflix original they could have done a much better job. I mean the episodes drag as does the storyline. It is easy to stop and come back in two weeks. On the other hand I just started watching Shetland, a BBC production about a the police on the Shetland Islands. Luv it. The series draws you in and the landscape is gorgeous and pow you are in 4 episodes since last night.
    Punkin likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Scott and Bailey added two more seasons.

Last Tango in Halifax added extra episodes...
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    As a young girl, I was IN LOVE with all of the 'Anne of Green Gables' books, as were my mother and my grandmother when they were young, and more recently my daughter loved them when she was young --- and pretty soon her daughter (who just turned 10) will read and hopefully, love them too. That's why it really saddens me that the new tv series is, as you described, causingchaos, "a really dark retelling" of the story - because all of the books are so beloved in my family, partially because of the wholesomeness and sweetness of the story.

Why can't some things just be left alone?????
    I liked the version with Megan Follows from the 80s/90s; she was perfect as Anne and I used to rewatch the tapes all the time. I haven't seen the new version apart from commericals. In the commercials at least the actress playing Anne overacts quite a bit. As to the darkness of the new version, I believe (but am not sure) that is mainly concentrated in the early scenes of her at the orphanage before she is sent to Green Gables.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I liked the version with Megan Follows from the 80s/90s; she was perfect as Anne and I used to rewatch the tapes all the time. I haven't seen the new version apart from commericals. In the commercials at least the actress playing Anne overacts quite a bit. As to the darkness of the new version, I believe (but am not sure) that is mainly concentrated in the early scenes of her at the orphanage before she is sent to Green Gables.
    I'm like 3-4 episodes in now (whatever it's at) and all the episodes have their dark moments. The very dark parts deal with her various placements. But her interactions with the community weren't all warm fuzzy either. Nor were her interactions with her new family right off the bat. I appreciate that they didn't gloss right over all that stuff. They don't linger unnecessarily but it does show the effects of her past and how she copes now which I think is important. It's still a family movie. But it's not sickenly sweet which is something I always hated about other movies when I was growing up. This is honestly the first time ever that I've enjoyed Anne of Green Gables.

The actress has moments of over acting but it fits with the context of those parts of the movie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast