+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The Good Fight (Good Wife spinoff) - CBS All Access

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

The Good Fight (Good Wife spinoff) - CBS All Access

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_good_wi...ell-spoilers-/ This was from the Kings..

They are also talking about a spin off.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Re: The Good Wife

So apparently there is more talk about a spin-off with Diane, and possibly Lucca. Seeing as how Lucca is the one who actually outed Diane's husbands affair, I'm not sure how that will work, lol.

‘The Good Wife’ Spinoff: Christine Baranski as Diane on CBS All Access | TVLine

Sounds like CBS All Access is an online viewing format. If they don't have enough faith in the show for network tv then why bother?
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 05-12-2016 at 11:42 PM.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

The Diane Lockhart spinoff is a go.

CBS plans 'Good Wife' spinoff led by Christine Baranski

Gary Levin, USA TODAY 6:46 p.m. EDT May 18, 2016

CBS said Wednesday it has plans for a spinoff of acclaimed drama The Good Wife, which wrapped up a seven-season run earlier this month.

The new, as-yet-untitled series, will star Christine Baranski and Cush Jumbo, and is to be offered exclusively online via CBS's All-Access streaming app, which costs about $6 a month. The network is expected to produce 10 to 13 episodes of the spinoff, which will join Star Trek: Beyond, a new series in the sci-fi franchise, as an All-Access exclusive next year.

The series, another legal drama, will focus on the firm headed by Baranski's Diane Lockhart, with Jumbo (who joined Wife in its final season) returning as Lucca Quinn. But it will be told through the eyes of Diane's young goddaughter and legal colleague, the offspring of her wealthy college roommate, whose family isn't as picture-perfect as it seems.

Good Wife creators Robert and Michelle King are creating the new series, but will be less involved in day-to-day writing and production. (They are currently working on BrainDead, a summer CBS drama).

Good Wife, a five-time Emmy winner (including two for star Julianna Margulies), wrapped up its run May 8 after the husband-and-wife Kings decided to step away from the series and CBS chose to cancel it rather than continue with new writers. Never a ratings hit, it was the network's prestige critical success, and in recent years a rare broadcast-drama contender for top Emmy awards. Baranski is a six-time nominee for her role, and also has made several guest appearances on the network's top comedy, The Big Bang Theory, including last week's finale.

At a time when network streaming apps are multiplying, CBS is trying to give viewers more reasons to subscribe by offering exclusive content. The new Star Trek series will air its premiere episode on CBS but subsequent episodes will be shown only online.
    That bolded part is interesting -- it makes it sound like the kid is a substitute Alicia, and Diane is going to be a supporting character in her own show.

Once the show has a title and a premiere date, we'll start a thread for it.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Bummer that is will only be available on CBS' online subscription only platform. Unless I can find it elsewhere online, I won't be watching. It's not worth $6/month to me.

Oh, and they're giving a crappy MacGuyver remake airtime, but relegating this show to online only? WTH?
    PWS likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: The Good Fight (Good Wife spinoff) - CBS All Access

And now the spinoff finally has a title, and a bigger cast:

‘The Good Wife’ Spinoff Gets Official Title; Erica Tazel Joins Cast

by Denise Petski
    October 31, 2016 2:00pm

The Good Wife spinoff is now The Good Fight. CBS announced the official title as production began today in New York City.

Erica Tazel rounds out the cast, joining Christine Baranski, Cush Jumbo, Rose Leslie, Delroy Lindo, Sarah Steele, Paul Guilfoyle, and Bernadette Peters. The series will premiere in February with a special broadcast on the CBS Television Network, then move exclusively to CBS All Access, CBS’ VOD and live streaming service. Executive Producer Brooke Kennedy is directing the premiere episode.

The Good Fight picks up one year after the events of the final broadcast episode of The Good Wife. In the new series, an enormous financial scam has destroyed the reputation of a young lawyer, Maia, while simultaneously wiping out her mentor Diane Lockhart’s savings. Forced out of Lockhart & Lee, they join Lucca Quinn at one of Chicago’s pre-eminent law firms.

The Good Wife creators/executive producers return as showrunners and exec producers of the new series. Phil Alden Robinson co-wrote and will executive produce the premiere episode with the Kings. Ridley Scott, David Zucker, Liz Glotzer, Brooke Kennedy and Alison Cross also serve as executive producers. The series is produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Scott Free Productions and King Size Productions. The series will be distributed worldwide by CBS Studios International.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Now THIS is good news -- I might actually watch the show now:

‘The Good Fight’: Carrie Preston Reprising ‘The Good Wife’ Role In Spinoff Series

by Nellie Andreeva
    December 16, 2016 1:34pm

EXCLUSIVE: One of the most popular recurring characters on the The Good Wife will return for the upcoming spinoff series on CBS All Access, toplined by the original series’ co-stars Christine Baranski and Cush Jumbo. Carrie Preston is set for a guest arc on The Good Fight, reprising her role as quirky but brilliant attorney Elsbeth Tascioni.

Preston won an Emmy award for her role on the original series, created and executive produced by Robert and Michelle King.

After The Good Wife finale in May, Robert King told Deadline that they would bring Preston’s Elsbeth Tascioni “in a heartbeat” for a potential spinoff.

Preston has some unfinished business from the mothership series. The Kings had tried to get her for a major arc in the show’s final chapter but she had been tied up to the NBC comedy series Crowded and only was able to appear in one episode of The Good Wife‘s last season. “Carrie’s Elsbeth Tascioni character we love so much and we wish she could be involved more in the end,” Robert King told Deadline in May.

The Good Fight, executive produced/showrun by the Kings, picks up one year after the events of the final episode of The Good Wife. In the new series, an enormous financial scam has destroyed the reputation of a young lawyer, Maia (Rose Leslie), while simultaneously wiping out her mentor Diane Lockhart’s (Baranski) savings. Forced out of Lockhart & Lee, they join Lucca Quinn (Jumbo) at one of Chicago’s pre-eminent law firms.

Other original Good Wife alums set to return for The Good Fight include Sarah Steele, who is a regular, and Zach Grenier, Jerry Adler and Gary Cole, who will guest star.

The series will premiere in February with a special broadcast on CBS, then move exclusively to CBS All Access, CBS’ VOD and live streaming service. The spinoff is produced by King Size Productions and Scott Free Productions.

True Blood and Person of Interest alumna Preston, who co-stars in the upcoming ABC miniseries When We Rise, is repped by Innovative Artists and Sanders Armstrong Caserta.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Regular

The series will premiere in February with a special broadcast on CBS, then move exclusively to CBS All Access, CBS’ VOD and live streaming service. The spinoff is produced by King Size Productions and Scott Free Productions.
    So except for the special, it will all be online stuff? I really hate it when they do that. I just like recording to my DVR and watching it on my TV.
    PWS, Coco46 and Fanny Mare like this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by katzee View Post
    So except for the special, it will all be online stuff? I really hate it when they do that. I just like recording to my DVR and watching it on my TV.
    Same here, guess I'll give it a miss.
    Coco46 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The online format is a big disappointment for me. We miss plenty of regular tv at our house because we don't have cable - I've been watching things online for years. More and more networks are moving to a pay-to-view format and I just refuse to do that, so I guess this is just another thing I'll miss out on

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast