+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: The Good Fight (Good Wife spinoff) - CBS All Access

Re: The Good Fight (Good Wife spinoff) - CBS All Access

If you have a device that is (or can be) hooked up to your TV that can load the app, you can watch All Access on your TV. It's supported for Amazon Fire TV, Android, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, iPhone & iPad, PlayStation 4, Roku, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. But I know it's more about the subscription.

I'm hoping that threads about All Access shows will include some discussion about the show themselves, and not just about how awful it is that people have to subscribe.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

KK4
    FORT Fanatic

I am enjoying the show. It's quite different to see Diane "vulnerable" at times.

KK4
    FORT Fanatic

It seems that I am the only one watching. Loved this past episode. Love Ellsbeth!

CCL

I am watching but we are a week behind in Canada. I am excited to hear Elspeth is on the next episode, though!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I'm catching up with the latest episodes. For me, on the negative side, they're getting a little juvenile with the "oh boy we're online so we can swear now" thing. It got a little gratuitous in the 4th and 5th episodes. I'm all for swearing and I do it several times a day, but sometimes it gets in the way of good writing.

I'm always glad to see Matthew Perry back, but it's unfortunate that his character is still a slimy, one-dimensional villain. I LOVE that Carrie Preston is back as Elsbeth! And her and Perry are great together on screen. And I loved seeing Broadway star Kelli O'Hara as his drunk wife. I hope it wasn't a one-time guest shot.

With the Trump/Law & Order story, you can tell they wrote it quickly after he won, because it wasn't as polished as usual. But then it was all really a device for Diane landing ChumHum so that the firm will stop bugging her about her capital contribution. I guess the writers think she's only winning if she's a name partner.

But overall, I guess I wouldn't be nitpicking like this if I wasn't totally taken in by the show.
    KK4 likes this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I finally broke down and found the episodes online (not on CBS All Access). I'm about 4 episodes behind, but am going to catch up this week. So far, I love it and I don't miss Julianna Margulies AT ALL! I've always liked Christina Baranski better anyway. I was worried that Rose Leslie wouldn't fit in well, but she really does. I'm used to seeing her in period/costume dramas, so it's nice to see her as a regular person.

Matthew Perry. YUCK. He looks terrible. I wonder if he's having personal issues again. It does work for the character, who has always been despicable. I guess I prefer to my villains to be of the "love to hate" variety.

I was practically giddy to see Elsbeth! If there ever was a perfect marriage of actor and character, it's Carrie Preston in that role. I just love her. Before we even saw her onscreen, I knew the lawyer in question was her. I just love watching her and seeing the shock on other characters' faces as they realize they underestimated her.

I really have missed this show and have really enjoyed seeing all of the cast again. The new additions are great too. I've been a fan of Michael Boatman since China Beach, so I was thrilled to see him on the show. One of the things I loved about GW is how they cast so many great actors in guest roles. Nothing has changed in this iteration of the show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Is anyone else watching? I'm so bummed that the season is over. I just got into it! I thought sure imdb had 20 episodes listed for season 1, but this was the season finale.

So is Maia's father the worst person on TV? He's definitely the most selfish. I hope they hunt him down and throw his butt in jail next season. Poor Maia. You hear stories like this - parents committing identity theft against their kids or using them to perpetuate financial fraud in some way - and I just can't imagine. She finally found her backbone (and how awesome was that scene!?) and now she might be going to jail? Not cool. I feel like there's no way they'll actually have her convicted, but I hate seeing her hurt this much by her horrible parents and uncle. The season 2 finale needs to feature all three of them getting hauled off to Federal prison.

I loved that little nod to Will when Diane went to the hospital for Kurt when we saw that person behind the curtain with one shoe off. It almost took my breath away, remembering the shock of that scene. It was a really nice touch. Very happy that Diane and Kurt might be back together. That was always a relationship that shouldn't have ever happened, but really worked.

I LOVE Marissa! I'm so happy they included her. I just love the actress and the character is such a fun addition. I'm enjoying the reactions from other characters when they start to see why Diane hired her. It's sort of like how so many characters underestimate Elsbeth.

I understand that they're trying to launch this new platform online, but I'd be really happy if they just moved this over to CBS TV and gave us a 20+ episode season. I want more!
    MFWalkoff and KK4 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Still watching addictively. Some episodes weren't perfect (or even a little weak), but the finale was a nice bit of BAM.

Can't wait for more episodes. Hopefully they won't wait a whole year to start filming again.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I enjoyed it and looking forward to next season. I admit though that I watched through other means and not through CBS All Access. I did not miss Julianna one bit. I would have liked to have seen Eli make an appearance since Marissa is on the show, maybe next season.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

CCL

All the time Maia's father was insisting she come for dinner, I was yelling for her not to. It was obvious he was going to run and this way it looks like she and her mom knew and went for a farewell dnner. And boo hoo at him tearing up when speaking to her when he knew he was going to abscond. That he would let her possibly go to jail, for something she was not a part of...father of the year, he is not.
    Show has been renewed for season two, with thirteen episodes vs ten this season. I liked it overall - especially Cush Jumbo (loved her in the last season of Good Wife as well). Sometimes I felt they were swearing just because they could; took me out of the show a bit. I don't know that I would pay for it (it aired on a cable channel in Canada); I hope their choice of platform in the US doesn't hurt them.
    Last edited by CCL; 04-24-2017 at 09:37 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123