+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Timeless

Timeless

This show was heavily hyped, and I must say that I enjoyed it.
    It will be nice to see a bunch of well known historical events played out, possibly ending up somewhat different than they originally did.
    Started out big with the Hindenberg not exploding the way it originally did, causing the main character's sister to have never been born when the crew returns to present time.

Re: Timeless

I have a feeling everytime the heroine returns from a time travel, she will find something changed in her own life. i love history so this show should be very entertaining.

I really liked it. I'm actually a little surprised. I thought it might be too hokey, but, it's rather amusing.

Can someone tell me if they were playing Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd) in this episode and if so, who the lady was who was singing it?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Loved it!!! Can't wait for the next episode!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Very enjoyable. Not only did her mom not have terminal cancer, she had no sister and she was engaged to someone unknown! Quite a lot of changes in her life from the Hindenberg disaster change. Wonder how many changes there were in the lives of the other team members. The poor black guy---as he said, going back in time is NOT good for him, essentially all eras were significantly worse for African Americans.
    I wonder if eventually they will find out the bad guy's motivation (some coming future disaster he's trying to prevent?) and team up with him.
    If you like time travel stories try the CW new show, I think called Frequency, about a police officer who can communicate with her dead dad police officer over ham radio.
    Cornholio likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    ... The poor black guy---as he said, going back in time is NOT good for him, essentially all eras were significantly worse for African Americans.
    Yes, this could be a fascinating thread within the show. I hope TPTB don't overplay it; it should be enlightening for many white folks today - especially our children.
    PWS and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fan

Really enjoying this one too. Can't wait to see the next one tonight.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

This one is Lincoln's assassination.

Season 1 Episode 2 - "The Assassination of Abraham Lincoln" - October 10, 2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeless_(TV_series)

Flynn travels to April 14, 1865, the date of the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. He works with John Wilkes Booth and his co-conspirators, intending to ensure that the planned assassinations of Vice President Andrew Johnson, Secretary of State William H. Seward, and General Ulysses S. Grant are also successful. Rufus is upset that Lucy argues against trying to save Lincoln, despite the negative effects his death had on African Americans. Flynn tells Lucy that she will aid him in the future. Lucy meets Robert Todd Lincoln and attends Our American Cousin at Ford's Theatre as his guest; Flynn, frustrated with Booth's refusal to use a modern firearm, takes his place and murders Lincoln himself, but Lucy saves Grant while Rufus and Wyatt save Johnson and Seward, respectively. Lucy admits that, despite having decided to let Lincoln's assassination occur, she called out in an effort to save him. In the present, Lucy learns that her parents never met because her father married the granddaughter of a Hindenburg passenger, which means that the man who originally raised her was never really her biological father. Rufus refuses to make further recordings for Connor, but Connor forces him to continue on the basis of having financed his education; it is revealed that both are aware of "Rittenhouse." Lucy arrives home, late for her own engagement party, where she confronts her mother over her father's identity, but is interrupted by a greeting from her fiancÚ, a stranger.
    I get mad at the writers when they do the stupid "you must save write in the person's name here" plot and then argue how is it more important to save your sister over my wife argument. If regards to saving the president from assassination, that is what happened in our timeline don't mess with the timeline. In that timeline Lucy's sister is alive and Wyatt's wife are dead Lucy's wanting to get to the original timeline is not selfish regardless whom it benefits or not. What the other's don't realize and maybe Lucy is not really thinking it out is that in the original timeline, Lucy's sister is alive but their mother is dying. Either timeline is not a win win for Lucy.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Season 1 Episode 2 - "The Assassination of Abraham Lincoln" - October 10, 2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeless_(TV_series)

Flynn travels to April 14, 1865, the date of the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. He works with John Wilkes Booth and his co-conspirators, intending to ensure that the planned assassinations of Vice President Andrew Johnson, Secretary of State William H. Seward, and General Ulysses S. Grant are also successful. Rufus is upset that Lucy argues against trying to save Lincoln, despite the negative effects his death had on African Americans. Flynn tells Lucy that she will aid him in the future. Lucy meets Robert Todd Lincoln and attends Our American Cousin at Ford's Theatre as his guest; Flynn, frustrated with Booth's refusal to use a modern firearm, takes his place and murders Lincoln himself, but Lucy saves Grant while Rufus and Wyatt save Johnson and Seward, respectively. Lucy admits that, despite having decided to let Lincoln's assassination occur, she called out in an effort to save him. In the present, Lucy learns that her parents never met because her father married the granddaughter of a Hindenburg passenger, which means that the man who originally raised her was never really her biological father. Rufus refuses to make further recordings for Connor, but Connor forces him to continue on the basis of having financed his education; it is revealed that both are aware of "Rittenhouse." Lucy arrives home, late for her own engagement party, where she confronts her mother over her father's identity, but is interrupted by a greeting from her fiancÚ, a stranger.
    I get mad at the writers when they do the stupid "you must save write in the person's name here" plot and then argue how is it more important to save your sister over my wife argument. If regards to saving the president from assassination, that is what happened in our timeline don't mess with the timeline. In that timeline Lucy's sister is alive and Wyatt's wife are dead Lucy's wanting to get to the original timeline is not selfish regardless whom it benefits or not. What the other's don't realize and maybe Lucy is not really thinking it out is that in the original timeline, Lucy's sister is alive but their mother is dying. Either timeline is not a win win for Lucy.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast