+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: The Good Place

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: The Good Place

I agree, he seems like a genuinely good person, who drives everyone around him crazy. I remember holding a plate of cookies in front of a little girl who couldn't make up her mind which one she wanted--and I was ready to deck her by the time she decided... so a grown up who repeatedly does that? yikes...
    But that aside, very glad to see the show back. Glad they let it get a head start, before all the other scripted shows return!
    Miss_Griss and AlwaysVeg like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I agree, he seems like a genuinely good person, who drives everyone around him crazy. I remember holding a plate of cookies in front of a little girl who couldn't make up her mind which one she wanted--and I was ready to deck her by the time she decided... so a grown up who repeatedly does that? yikes...
    But that aside, very glad to see the show back. Glad they let it get a head start, before all the other scripted shows return!
    Well, if being indecisive and other minor character flaws condemn otherwise good human beings to the "bad place," I guess I don't have a chance in hell of not winding up there.
    Miss_Griss and PWS like this.

OMG, all the restaurant names in each reboot. "Knish from a Rose," "Sushi and the Banshees," and then "Hot Dog on a Stick (...on a stick)"

I can't help it, but the "cursing" always makes me giggle.

ETA: Clam chowder is "hot ocean milk with animal croutons" I'm seriously in love with the writers on this show.
    Last edited by Critical; 09-29-2017 at 09:42 PM.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm curious to see what's next with them joining forces with Ted Danson's character (whose name I'm blanking on).
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

My guess is that it's the four of them and Michael trying to keep up the charade that none of them is onto Michael's plan so that he gets to keep his job AND they can keep their memories and "live" there. It's clear he can't just keep rebooting them forever.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234