Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Westworld on HBO

Westworld on HBO

This looks so good!!!

Westworld (TV Series 2016

Premiers Sunday October 2, 2016 on HBO @9pm

https://www.wired.com/2016/10/geeks-guide-westworld/
    Punkin, cablejockey and waywyrd like this.
    KAREN

Re: Westworld on HBO

I'm looking forward to checking it out!
    momrek06 likes this.
    Lynda

Interesting first episode.
    momrek06 likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Ya, it was interesting. While Hubby loved it, I did not care for it at all.

'Futuristic' ... I guess. I def will give it another chance. But

Great cast. Great reviews.
    KAREN

Westworld on HBO

I really enjoyed the setup of the first episode and I'm very curious to see where it goes. Interesting that Micheal Crichton wrote the original film since this seems almost like it could be Jurassic Park with AI instead of dinosaurs. I loved that the player piano was playing Black Hole Sun and then they used Paint It Black for the big shoot out with the outlaw.

I thought the corporate woman's comment about lobotomies was interesting. They seemed to set this up like these were androids. Could they be more human than we think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    cablejockey likes this.

liver spotted hands Realitychick's Avatar

I had a confused dog face with tilted head the entire episode. Very weird but intriguing. So weird have to watch another episode.
    KTinCT and SpringMaiden27 like this.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Westworld ratings: HBO's biggest premiere in nearly 3 years | EW.com

WOW!!!

Well while I did care for it ... I think I better continue to watch ... maybe I will lke it after E2!
    Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

Lots of killing! I don't know if I want to see that every week. I hope it gets better.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Lynda

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westworld_%28TV_series%29

Westworld is an American science fiction thriller television series created by Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy for HBO, based on the 1973 film of the same name, which was written and directed by American novelist Michael Crichton. Nolan serves as executive producer along with Joy, J. J. Abrams and Bryan Burk with Nolan directing the pilot. The first episode premiered on October 2, 2016.

The series takes place in the fictional theme park of Westworld, a technologically advanced, Western theme park populated completely by synthetic androids dubbed "Hosts", who cater to high paying visitors dubbed "Newcomers", who can do what they wish within the park without fear of retaliation from the Hosts.
    Season 1 is 10 episodes long.

Episose 1 - The Original - October 2, 2016

Westworld's lead programmer, Bernard, notices some of the Hosts exhibiting odd behavior and meets with Robert, Westworld's creative director. After a recent update, Westworld's sheriff malfunctions. Shortly after, another Host malfunctions and slaughters many Hosts, convincing Theresa to pull all of the updated Hosts out of Westworld. The Man In Black, a Newcomer who raped Host Dolores, tortures another Host and scalps it, revealing the design of a maze on the skull. Dolores notices her father Peter behaving strangely while looking at a picture a Newcomer had left behind and goes to town to get help from her friend Teddy. Lee arranges for a gang of bandits led by Hector to attack the town and "kill" all of the updated Hosts so that they can be safely removed without disrupting the narrative. Hector is shot and killed by a Newcomer. Teddy is killed in the firefight and a distraught Dolores is put to sleep by a staff member. Robert personally questions Peter, who seems determined to warn Dolores about the true nature of Westworld and vows revenge upon his creators. Robert explains the odd behavior away as Peter reliving previous programmed personalities, but he is put into cold storage with the rest of the malfunctioning Hosts. Dolores is questioned by Westworld personnel, and passes claiming she is happy and would never hurt a living thing. Dolores lives her day over with a new father, but casually kills a fly.
    momrek06 likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Really enjoyed the premiere, looking forward to the rest of the series. What a great cast.
    cablejockey likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast