+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Pitch

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Pitch

I found this to be quite good, both the first and second episodes. It's about the first woman to play major league ball--it seemed quite realistic as to the pressure she would be under (all the little girls with their I'm #2 signs, etc.). Of course she, young black woman, is "saved" by a white older guy, but still they do a pretty good job. After hearing me describe the first episode my Sig. Other also watched and enjoyed it.
    Of course what is really unrealistic is the make up of the team. It's most black men, a couple of whites---where are the Hispanics who dominate baseball today? As my S.O. said, this MLB, not the NBA---or football.
    AmyKay, KeepItReal and Imperfect1 like this.

FORT Fogey

Re: Pitch

I'm enjoying it. Very different role for MPG, and he's doing it! Who knew?
    AmyKay and KeepItReal like this.

I'm a baseball fan and I am loving this show. MPG is doing a great job...and I love that he is a catcher, I have a thing for catchers!
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

Love this show. Like how they used actual footage from the All Star game in the show. Love the relationship between some of the main characters. Good show, I hope it does well.
    PWS and Coco46 like this.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I wish the writers had waited until late in the season to put her into an all-star game. Doing it so early -- it's like she's only played in a few games --- just seemed so unrealistic to me, that it kept distracting me from the story.
    PWS and KeepItReal like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

They did do a decent job of trying to explain it---she'd been playing well enough, and when a slot opened up in she went--it wasn't like she was the "first string", even if there were more obvious choices like her friend. It's written as if the MLB people thought that she might not have a second season (she's a pitcher, after all, and they are very prone to injury it seems to me), and that it would be a shame to never have a woman play in the All Star game. BUT I agree even for storyline purposes, it would have been something for her to work up to---where does she go from here? On the other hand it was one more example of something where men could believe she got the slot "just because" she was a woman, so more stress in the locker room. But now she seems to have won over her teammates, even the young pitcher who thought she took his spot who was always so hateful to her. So now what, other than an obvious romance someday with her mentor/catcher?
    KeepItReal and Imperfect1 like this.

Right now they're writing the show like it won't get a second season because it's moving so fast, but I hope it does. This week seems to focus on the salary cap, with someone sure to be on the chopping block that she likes, maybe even needs, because they want to keep her around at the very least for the PR. There's the fact that she will have to work with this new hotshot catcher who may not understand her as well as Lawson does. Then there is all the personal stuff...her family drama, the drama from her past with her ex the catcher, what will she feel when she finds out about Lawson and the agent, who in some strange way just might represent her parents to her and the betrayal she felt from her mom (the agent is likely only the second woman to come into her life and be protective of her first and put baseball second). Lawson represents a mentor...someone who kind of took over where her dad left off. The love interest thing with them would be a few seasons down the line should the show last I think. Would hate to see them move that forward too fast, but their dynamic would be interesting. He respects her in a way he respects few women. He even made the groupie comment about the agent. Then he's on the way out and she's on the way up....that can be difficult. There is still a lot to explore with the show.

-Unknown Author-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, could point about the conflict she'll feel if she finds out her agent is sleeping with her mentor. It's hard to believe he won't be "around" in some capacity even if not as a color commentator. A coach of some kind? He's really the key variable in holding the team together.
    KeepItReal likes this.

FORT Fogey

All caught up on this show now, and only two more episodes this season. Still really enjoying it. Loved the nude episode with the team mates. Cute, sexy, and clever! Heartbreaking to see how her father died. I wonder if that friend will surface at some point? Could be an interesting dynamic. Mike realizing his feelings for Ginny was funny when he was dressing down Omar for his crush. So, Cleveland eh? The last two hours should be revealing.
    KeepItReal likes this.

I see the show doesn't get much buzz around here but I really do love it. Watched the finale tonight and hope it gets a season 2 nod. Quality show. I know the Parents television council is advocating for a second season, and that there is some social media buzz..hope it helps. MPG seems to believe that there will be a season two. Hopefully, they will contain the beard a little next season.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast