+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Speechless (ABC)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Speechless (ABC)

I will watch pretty much anything Minnie Driver is in, and she's once again a mom with an odd kid--last time he was socially clueless because he'd been brought up on her odd superhippie notions (I loved that show), this time she's a lioness defending her kid with I think CP (who, whatayou know, is actually played by a kid with CP) and ignoring her other kids. It was pretty over the top to establish characters, but I think it shows potential.

Re: Speechless with Minnie Driver

Thank you for setting up a thread. As I posted elsewhere, the first episode hooked me in.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I like her a lot and there were some good parts to the show. It did seem a little one-note, but I will watch it again

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I love Minnie Driver, we watched it last night, lots of LOL moments, I just hope they can keep the pace up.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Funny that there was a front page story in the Boston paper this morning about a woman who spent the last twenty years making sure her son with CP got every advantge he had coming to him. While she is celebrating that he is in college, living in a dorm with a full time aid and hopefully having a wonderful experience, she did say that there was so much she gave up in order to do this and that her other kids were resentful that she missed so much of their lives.

Then, at least the show writers got that right and in the first episode.

"He got the Mom he deserves." "Yes, he did." "Go to your room."
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Enjoyed the episode last night. The aide is becoming an important part of the family and is trying to change some of the cloying things the mother has done

I keep missing this & I don't really know why. I just forget about it.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I liked the premiere episode. It is weird that the school knew this kid was coming to their school and were apparently excited about it but didn't think to add a ramp to the front of the school for his use. Most student have more than one way to enter and exit the school so it's reasonable to expect them to put more ramps in, for his use and for future disabled students' use.
    PWS likes this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Sadly a lot of buildings don't add ramps in front for aesthetic reasons, forcing people in wheel chairs to use the "back door"--shades of segregation--and also a lot more travel required.
    KTinCT likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast