+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast
Like Tree1387Likes

Thread: This Is Us

Re: This Is Us

I might be remembering wrong, but it seems like the kids talk about dad in the past tense. I assumed he had passed.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I don't criticize Kevin for his choice. Seemed to me that even though he was under contract to a sitcom (or soap?), he grew as an actor and aspired to be seen as more than a shirtless hunk, which the show's producers didn't seem willing to let him do in even one scene. I see it as more of a positive action on his part to want to get out of there and move forward as an actor regarded more for his skills than his abs.
    Reminds me of Suzanne Somers leaving Three's Company after 1 season.
    Debb70 likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Or Farrah Fawcett and Charlie's Angels? I was just reading something about them--had forgotten she left after one season. Farrah turned into a good actress (I still remember her as an abused wife)...maybe this guy will, too. But, breaking a contract--not easy to do if you want to work again.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I might be remembering wrong, but it seems like the kids talk about dad in the past tense. I assumed he had passed.
    Yes, one of the kids commented about how dad always used to make that statement about making lemonade out of lemons.

Seeing the second episode again last night, it also seemed to me that when Randall greeted his mother and Miguel at the door, he (Randall) was a bit less than warm when he addressed Miguel. I could be wrong.

I wonder how Rebecca will react if/when she meets Randall's biological father and finds out he's living there.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

William (Randall's dad) clearly did do the right thing by not keeping the baby, given his state and the mom's. I can't recall when firehouses became official "leave your baby here" sites in some states... it would be nice if William recalled enough to say he waited in the bushes to be sure someone from the firehouse found the baby, but he doesn't...and maybe didn't. It doesn't look as if their mutual birthday is in the dead of winter (in CA) anyway, so maybe it wouldn't be that dangerous to leave the baby outdoors where sooner or later someone would exit or enter.

I struggled with the firehouse thing. Technically I don't think Safe Haven laws came to be until the 90's sparingly and not until into the 2000's wide spread. Though I don't think before then it was a highly unusual thing to abandon babies places like hospitals and firestations.

Just watched the first 2 episodes now. I laughed, I cried, I want more. Love this show!

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I heard that too, but assumed it was just one of those "back in the good old days when we were kids, comments". Once kids are grown and gone, they often refer to things they heard when they were growing up, even if Mom & Dad are still alive & well. Things they didn't appreciate when they were young, but remembered and realized once they were adults.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

This show. All the feels!
    PWS, AmyKay and Cornholio like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Tonights episode was so good. Kate so connected to her twin brother, he cut the cord. Toby, aww Toby and Kate, perfect. How Randall got his name. Its just so well done..( happy sigh)...
    PWS and Eastcoastmom like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread