+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 89 FirstFirst ... 337374757677787980818283848586878889 LastLast
Like Tree1605Likes

Thread: This Is Us

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: This Is Us

I'm not saying that pets are disposable but there's a chance that the dog could have found a way out and I'd rather not risk the life of a family member who could live another 30 years or more for a pet that at most might only live 10 or 15 years more. It's not that I'd want my pet to die but if I had no safety gear or training, the chance of me dying to save the pet and ending up with 2 victims instead of 1 would be too high for me to take the risk. That's my decision alone and it doesn't mean that's the right decision for everyone.
    KTinCT and KrazeeKy07 like this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

FORT Fan

"Some things also you just have to take with a grain of salt. For example: Kevin is at the tree talking with Rebecca who is watching the Superbowl. The game starts around 6 pm in Winter. In NJ it would be dark out by then and Kevin is sitting outside in the sunshine in daylight with a light jacket on. Also, the Pearsons lived in Pittsburgh. Rebecca now lives in NJ. I am assuming she does not live that far from Randall, who lives in northern NJ, so as to commute to NYC. So, Kevin did all of that driving in just a day?"

Yes, Pittsburgh would have been dark and cold when Kevin was at the tree.

I can't wait to see what Rebecca does from this point forward to house and feed her children and how she eventually ends up in New Jersey.
    holly71, blueyz28, PWS and 2 others like this.
    Trust Me!

My husband found my mother deceased. (unexpectedly) He called me with the news and handled the immediate situation. For some unknown reason, I hung up the phone and began going from room to room.... dusting the entire house. I didn't miss a table, lamp, chair, etc. When I think back, I realize I was in complete shock. I understand Rebecca taking that bite of the chocolate bar.

Last night's episode was a bit of a let down. How could it not be? We've all wondered about Jack's death since the end of episode one of the first season and we've known about the fire for quite some time. That said, I was glued to the tv set.

Why in the world did Jack go back for the dog? He could barely make both trips from Randall and Kate's rooms back to his own bedroom and the fire was roaring even more when he decided to go back in for the dog. How in the world did he make it down that staircase? Let's put logic aside for a minute. Let's say Jack could have made it down the staircase (without burning his clothes) and still have the wherewithal to find the dog (who probably wouldn't have been waiting patiently) and run out the front door. WHY and how did he have the time to gather the pictures et al? I have to let these details go and remember we are discussing a television drama.

I thought all the actors did a great job in this episode. The only time I actually cried (not that it matters) was after Rebecca told Miguel about Jack's death and she was walking to the door to tell her kids about their father's death. I put myself into her shoes and just....lost it.

I'm understanding Kevin a lot more. Not only did he feel like an outsider during his youth BUT, adding to that, he was the only family member away from home during the most important/devastating event the family had ever endured. All but Jack lived but Kevin has a lot of survivor's guilt going on, I think.

I'm not thrilled with Deja. In fact, I wish Randall and Beth were taking in the little boy.

Although I appreciated getting a glimpse of a grown Tess and an older Randall, and was quite surprised, I don't want a lot of foreshadowing in future episodes. However, if this series runs for many years, I think that's what we'll get. Also, I love Milo Ventimiglia/Jack and hope there's enough story to keep him (and the child/teen actors playing his kids) on the show for a very long time. (Hmmm.... That said, those actors will mature which will cause another set of circumstances.)

I'm thinking tomorrows episode will prove to be more heart wrenching that last night's. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by tinderbox; 02-05-2018 at 04:41 PM.

FORT Fogey

I hold firm to my opinion that rescuing the dog was NOT what took Jack so long. He did not have to go upstairs for the dog, as a previous episode showed that the dog slept in a bed downstairs. Plus the dog was barking, so Jack would know exactly where he was. It was getting all that other stuff ... which, after all, are inanimate things that people can do without ... that took so much time. He might have known where the photo albums were, but then he had to find what Kate did with that video he made of her. All that required him to go upstairs and then back downstairs. I would never criticize anyone for rescuing their pets. That's like rescuing your children to me.

About the evacuation that involved him getting the kids into his and Rebecca's bedroom, I can understand why he did that. It probably would have been better if everyone had an evacuation ladder in their room and instructions about how to use it, but given that was not the case, he needed them there so he could lower each of them out the window. He would have been a very bad parent if he had just left the kids to escape on their own.
    holly71, redsox girl and jucamer like this.

Good episode but I didn't get as emotional as in previous episodes. I teared up a little when Rebecca got to Miguel's. What I thought was odd is Jack was sitting there perfectly fine (almost) not hooked up to any machines or anything then just goes into cardiac arrest. I guess that's normal for smoke inhalation but I don't know.
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Why in the world did Jack go back for the dog?
    Someone would have to physically hold me back, because I know I'd go in for my dogs..I don't even have to think about it.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    Good episode but I didn't get as emotional as in previous episodes. I teared up a little when Rebecca got to Miguel's. What I thought was odd is Jack was sitting there perfectly fine (almost) not hooked up to any machines or anything then just goes into cardiac arrest. I guess that's normal for smoke inhalation but I don't know.
    If you can rewatch the episode.... He looked simply AWFUL.

Also, my apologies to anybody who owns a pet. I didn't mean to be cruel. But, I understand Kate's guilt. She asked her dad to go back for the dog. I don't think he would have gone back into the house only for the memorabilia and may not have gone back in for the dog had she not mentioned him. Heck, the backdraft happened seconds after he went back in.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I thought the dog slept in Kate's room.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    If you can rewatch the episode.... He looked simply AWFUL.

Also, my apologies to anybody who owns a pet. I didn't mean to be cruel. But, I understand Kate's guilt. She asked her dad to go back for the dog. I don't think he would have gone back into the house only for the memorabilia and may not have gone back in for the dog had she not mentioned him. Heck, the backdraft happened seconds after he went back in.
    He did look bad, he looked like he had inhaled a ton of smoke. Jack heard the dog bark, they all did.. Omg, I can't imagine, I just can't...it would devastate me.

He was in his own bed when Jack was clearing up. Mine have their own beds, they just prefer ours..
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 02-05-2018 at 05:22 PM.
    redsox girl and Moontat like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
    I remember one episode when the kids were going upstairs to bed, and the dog was put in his bed downstairs. I noted that because I figured Kate would have had him go upstairs with her, but she didn't. As a dog lover who has had as many as four dogs (and a couple of cats) in bed with me, I notice these things!

+ Reply to Thread