+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3171727374757677787980818283848586878889 LastLast
Like Tree1605Likes

Thread: This Is Us

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: This Is Us

I'm a complete coward. I just can't watch this next episode. It's bad enough that I just watched another total heart breaker on
    Click to see Spoiler:
    General Hospital
    PWS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I'm a complete coward. I just can't watch this next episode. It's bad enough that I just watched another total heart breaker on
    Click to see Spoiler:
    General Hospital
    I know, too much for one week!
    PWS and Imperfect1 like this.
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

I think the whole lead up with the elderly couple was to emphasize the dramatic effect that it was the crockpot. I, too, was confused by the inclusion of the couple, to the point of believing it was their home Rebecca was pointing out. When it became apparent what was going on, I said out loud to my better half “OHHHHHH, it was the crockpot!!!”, whereas if they hadn’t done it they way they did I likely would have just said in my own head “Oh.....it was the crockpot”. Dramatic effect accomplished.

FORT Fan

oh man...anyone see this? Better get the tissues ready! (no spoilers here)

Mandy Moore Cried While Watching This Is Us Super Bowl Episode | PEOPLE.com

Ok, another guess...since I keep reading that although it will be sad, there is a silver lining. So, my new guess is Jack trips over the dog, hits his head, and will be declared brain dead. He is an organ doner, so others will be saved. I just can’t think of anything else that would even come close to satisfying.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    Ok, another guess...since I keep reading that although it will be sad, there is a silver lining. So, my new guess is Jack trips over the dog, hits his head, and will be declared brain dead. He is an organ doner, so others will be saved. I just can’t think of anything else that would even come close to satisfying.
    Welllll, that might be a little farfetched, but along those lines, maybe when Jack dies, there's someone in the hospital who needs a heart transplant, so Jack's heart lives on. Maybe it's even the doctor who delivered the babies 17 years before! Or maybe unbeknownst to Rebecca, William was in the hospital needing a kidney or liver transplant, and he gets Jack's organs, thereby making it possible for Randall to meet his biological father years later! Okay, I realize I'm getting desperate, especially if there's supposed to be a silver lining. My main issue right now is wanting to know what time the show starts! I'm so afraid I'll either fall asleep during the SB, or my DVR won't work right!
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Welllll, that might be a little farfetched, but along those lines, maybe when Jack dies, there's someone in the hospital who needs a heart transplant, so Jack's heart lives on. Maybe it's even the doctor who delivered the babies 17 years before! Or maybe unbeknownst to Rebecca, William was in the hospital needing a kidney or liver transplant, and he gets Jack's organs, thereby making it possible for Randall to meet his biological father years later! Okay, I realize I'm getting desperate, especially if there's supposed to be a silver lining. My main issue right now is wanting to know what time the show starts! I'm so afraid I'll either fall asleep during the SB, or my DVR won't work right!
    Let’s be even more far fetched and say Miguel receives one of Jack’s organs...LOL
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Such a simple reason, yet still so heartbreaking. Superb acting from everyone tonight, especially Mandy Moore.

FORT Fogey

Predictable from all the clues and buildup, but very powerful. I didn't cry until Kevin was talking to his father at the tree. I guess the "silver lining" was how all the kids experienced realizations and growth on the 20th anniversary of their father's death.

The ending was very well done, with the social worker turning out to be grownup Tess, and the little boy not Randall and Beth's foster child. Great twist! On that note, I hate to say it but I don't want Deja back. I knew she'd be back, but I just never liked the character (I know she was meant to be unlikeable), and I do want Randall to get a little boy.
    Imperfect1 and Coco46 like this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Mandy Moore deserves an Emmy nod for this performance. We didn't need to see Jack's death, we saw what was happening while she was on the phone.
    I think I broke down, when Kevin was talking to his father.I just folded. The laugh he shared with his mother, because he didn't know if it was the right tree, how bittersweet..
    It was nice to see older Tess, as the social worker, and she seemed happy as younger Tess, that Deja is back.
    I know some people don't like Toby, but Jack would have liked him. He goes out of his way to make sure Kate is happy, not an easy thing to do..
    Moontat, navybelle, Coco46 and 1 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread