+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 89 FirstFirst ... 307071727374757677787980818283848586878889 LastLast
Like Tree1605Likes

Thread: This Is Us

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: This Is Us

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    By golly, Holly, you may be on to something! Great explanation!

Re the bolded: I think Kate meant they were to tell Kevin that the house burned down b/c no way would any of them be THAT composed if Jack had died. I still think Jack died at a later time, but not sure how much later. Adult Randall once said something to the effect that his dad died 'while no one was looking.' This makes me think that perhaps Jack was in the hospital after the fire and was thought to be recovering and somehow took a turn for the worse while no one was around.
    I'd hate that! Jack dying alone. There isn't a scenario I can see me liking though..
    tinderbox, Moontat and jucamer like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

If that's what happens (and I proposed earlier that maybe he died later in the hospital instead of in the fire), maybe we can think of it as Jack on some level "deciding" not to let his loved ones see him at the moment of death. Oh hell, I'm going to cry my eyes out either way!

Wait though ... If Jack was hospitalized that night due to the fire, would Rebecca et al have been sitting there later that night (in the same clothes) in the car so calmly saying they had to contact Kevin? Wouldn't they have been at the hospital?? I give up!!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I give up, too! My head hurts thinking about all of the different scenarios. One thing we all can agree on is that we won't be watching without the Kleenex!
    Coco46 and AlwaysVeg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    ... But I get so tired of how often they work so hard to tell us how to respond.
    I so agree. I listen to the music sound track of this show (and so many others) and can feel it flowing me into a feeling.

This audio enhancement could be a great thing for ratings.
    I like it here; I don't watch those loud and rowdy shows.
    Do we have a balance in this "audio effect" out there?
    In the beginning was the WORD. Without definition there was nothing. We define the words.

The nice thing about being on the Westcoast is it will be on early enough so I don’t have to record. The bad thing is, we will all be watching at the same time, and I won’t be able to read spoilers to prepare myself ahead of time.

By golly, Holly, you may be on to something! Great explanation!

Re the bolded: I think Kate meant they were to tell Kevin that the house burned down b/c no way would any of them be THAT composed if Jack had died. I still think Jack died at a later time, but not sure how much later. Adult Randall once said something to the effect that his dad died 'while no one was looking.' This makes me think that perhaps Jack was in the hospital after the fire and was thought to be recovering and somehow took a turn for the worse while no one was around.
    I rewatched that episode this weekend and they were not composed - they were crying their eyes out

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Jucamer, do you know which numbered episode it was? I would like to watch again. It is fuzzy now and I am sure they were crying. However, from what I remember the tears did not seem to equate with the loss of a parent. I had just assumed their tears were for the loss of their home. I guess everyone grieves differently; there would be wailing going on among my relatives in similar circumstances.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm going to guess the dog bites Jack while he's trying to rescue it from the fire and then he gets rabies and dies. He had asked Kate to drive him to the hospital because he didn't feel well enough to drive himself and no one else was home. She refused because she was heading out the door to do something else and now all these years later she still carries the guilt.

I don't know. Your guess is as good as mine!
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Jucamer, do you know which numbered episode it was? I would like to watch again. It is fuzzy now and I am sure they were crying. However, from what I remember the tears did not seem to equate with the loss of a parent. I had just assumed their tears were for the loss of their home. I guess everyone grieves differently; there would be wailing going on among my relatives in similar circumstances.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
    They were probably in shock. The sudden "loss of a parent" kind of tears could come later. Maybe not. Everybody is different.

I'm not sure my heart can take it. I get to watch my beloved NE Patriots in the Superbowl and then the penultimate episode of my favorite show right after. It's going to be a rollercoaster of a night!

+ Reply to Thread