+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 89 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Like Tree1605Likes

Thread: This Is Us

FORT Fogey

Re: This Is Us

I have such a love hate relationship with this show, and the scenes with the fire starting were no exception to that! Showing the fire starting, with the build up of 1.5 seasons to get to that point, would have been emotional on it's own. It felt so forced and heavy handed the way they had to do the whole back story of how they got the crock pot, and how they got the kitchen towel. I love when they do the flashbacks that show how experiences from the past mold how we perceive things in our current lives. But choosing to take a free crock pot wasn't one of those things! If we had no idea how they got the crockpot or the towel, it would have been meaningful. It's such a great concept for a show, and has some wonderfully compelling characters. But I get so tired of how often they work so hard to tell us how to respond.
    KTinCT and Imperfect1 like this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I'm the opposite, I want as many details, big and small, about this show..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    I was reading that the rumor around is, the fire does not kill Jack.

Milo has said that no one has guessed it, how his character dies. According to an ET article, "It’s just an absolute soul-crushing event,” he answers. “Once you figure out the moment where it’s going to happen, you may get some hope — and then it’s all going to go away.”

This Is Us: Milo Ventimiglia calls Jack's death a soul-crushing event | EW.com

I agree, I don’t think he dies because of fire, but secondary to the fire. Like maybe the dog runs into the street and Jack chases him and gets hit by a car. We pretty much know that the dog is involved somehow.

My daughter has never watched This is Us either. She said it was to “feel good”. How wrong she is. But then again, she watches Teen Mom and Real Houswives, which I think are trash, so to each their own.

And the songs they choose for certain events, somehow always sends me into tears. The song they played at the end, To Build a Home by The Cinematic Orchestra made my teary eyes turn into an ugly cry.
    jucamer and AlwaysVeg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I'm the opposite, I want as many details, big and small, about this show..
    I agree. In fact, I'm MUCH more intrigued with the flashbacks compared to present day. So much more interesting, for me, to see the who/where/how/when/why aspects of how this present day storyline evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    OK, HI EVERYONE......I think I am the only one in the WORLD that does NOT (yes I typed NOT) watch this show.

No interest in it. I started S1 and bailed on it.

ANYWAY, its allllll over SOCIAL MEDIA that a CROCK POT caused a FIRE that KILLED a character on the show...............really? Did this actually happen?

A crock pot ...... eek, wait until "RIVAL" weighs on on this s/l!!!

I my CP.
    They already have. Crock-Pot tells ‘This Is Us’ fans: Our slow cookers won’t kill you https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/food/wp/2018/01/24/crock-pot-tells-this-is-us-fans-our-slow-cookers-wont-kill-you/?hpid=hp_regional-hp-cards_rhp-card-food%3Ahomepage%2Fcard&utm_ter m=.9ec4f04256cd

Dan Fogelman has also weighed in on this. This Is Us Creator Dan Fogelman Defends the Crock-Pot After Latest Episode This Is Us Creator Dan Fogelman Defends the Crock-Pot After Last Night's Episode | PEOPLE.com
    Arielflies, momrek06 and jucamer like this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I agree. In fact, I'm MUCH more intrigued with the flashbacks compared to present day. So much more interesting, for me, to see the who/where/how/when/why aspects of how this present day storyline evolved.
    Yes, yes yes yes! It fascinates me..
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

You could be right about the car...remember 30-something? When they're all at Hope & Michael's house celebrating that Nancy was cancer free and then out of left field we get the news that Gary was hit by a car on his bike and died??? Obviously I've never forgotten that!!

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    I agree, I don’t think he dies because of fire, but secondary to the fire. Like maybe the dog runs into the street and Jack chases him and gets hit by a car. We pretty much know that the dog is involved somehow.

My daughter has never watched This is Us either. She said it was to “feel good”. How wrong she is. But then again, she watches Teen Mom and Real Houswives, which I think are trash, so to each their own.

And the songs they choose for certain events, somehow always sends me into tears. The song they played at the end, To Build a Home by The Cinematic Orchestra made my teary eyes turn into an ugly cry.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I like a lot of the flashbacks. When they use the ones that show why they are like they are as adults, I love them. That's the part of the show that i enjoy the most. But I think they are relevant to things like "Randall is sensitive to kids who have been abandoned because he dealt with it as a child". When they got into "the house burned because a neighbor gave them a crock pot and 18 years later it was a problem - that's tedious detail to me and it takes away from that on going message of "our experiences from the past mold who we are today"
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Quote Originally Posted by grapenuts View Post
    They already have. Crock-Pot tells ‘This Is Us’ fans: Our slow cookers won’t kill you https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/food/wp/2018/01/24/crock-pot-tells-this-is-us-fans-our-slow-cookers-wont-kill-you/?hpid=hp_regional-hp-cards_rhp-card-food%3Ahomepage%2Fcard&utm_ter m=.9ec4f04256cd

Dan Fogelman has also weighed in on this. This Is Us Creator Dan Fogelman Defends the Crock-Pot After Latest Episode This Is Us Creator Dan Fogelman Defends the Crock-Pot After Last Night's Episode | PEOPLE.com
    Also, on a funny note, there's now an Instagram account for George's crock pot. HAHAHAHAHAHA.....
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom View Post
    Oh the irony. Randall goes and sees Titantic the day Jack dies.
    I didn't even think about that! And the character in Titanic is named Jack too!
    PWS and AlwaysVeg like this.

+ Reply to Thread