+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 92 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Like Tree1661Likes

Thread: This Is Us

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: This Is Us

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632 View Post
    The viewing of childhood through your own lens analogy was spot on.
    Absolutely, which is why I wonder if one can ever really understand what the other sibling is feeling. That really resonated with me. Otoh little Kevin was kind of a brat. BUT was it a chicken and an egg thing? Feeling neglected may have caused him to act out negatively.

My heart kind of broke for both Rebecca and Kevin when Kevin was badgering her to admit she favored Randall and she finally sputtered out " But he was easier." The comment made about Kevin recoiling from her touch made me sad, too. What would cause a child to not want affection from his mom? Of course I am talking about young Kevin, and not teenaged Kevin.

So from me. Very well done. Loved seeing present day Pearsons all together for a change.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
    JORY'sMom, PWS, Imperfect1 and 1 others like this.

FORT Fan

such a well done episode for all the reasons you've all posted...loved digging into the past and again while not yet knowing how Jack dies, learning more about all that happened around that...so glad it's back!
    KTinCT, tinderbox and Coco46 like this.

FORT Fogey

Sterling K. Brown said we will find out this season how Jack died. I kind of think we already know, unless they've been misleading us with fake clues.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Sterling K. Brown said we will find out this season how Jack died. I kind of think we already know, unless they've been misleading us with fake clues.
    I bet they have! I'm okay with finding out, and if not, that's okay as well. I love the kid that plays young Randall,
    PWS likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

And Sterling K Brown winning the Golden Globe the other night was so spot on. Justin Hartley being nominated was justified, but his winning over Sterling would have been very wrong. Randall gets great material from the writers and the way Sterling delivers it is almost perfection.
    PWS likes this.

FORT Fogey

It made sense for Sterling to win the GG over Justin this time around because of the material he was given, including all the heart-wrenching scenes with his birth father and his panic attacks ...besides the fact that Sterling is just such an amazing actor. Justin's scene outside the house of his one-night stand, begging for his father's necklace, was also a magnificent piece of acting, but he just hasn't had as much opportunity to really shine as yet, although he's getting there. To me, he's really the most complicated character of the Big 3, seeming to have so much going for him that often leads to success in our society, but being so troubled and always somehow screwing it up. I wish they had a best "guest actor on a series" category, so Ron Cephas Jones (William) could have been nominated.
    PWS and Imperfect1 like this.

Ron Cephas Jones was nominated in the supporting category for the Emmy's last year! He sadly didn't win, but I sure wish he would have. I'm a huge fan of Hamilton (bway show) and was excited to find out that the original Peggy/Mariah Reynolds was his daughter, Jasmine Cephas Jones! She is super talented...clearly it's in her genes..(her mom is also a jazz singer).

Anywho, I was sooo happy for Sterling winning the Golden Globe, especially since he made history as the first black actor to ever win that category. His speeches are always great and he is just such an incredible actor, as is everyone on this show!!!
    PWS and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

FORT Fogey

Is the guest actor on a series thing only for the Emmy’s? Because I could have sworn Gerald McRainey won.

Yes, I think it is only the Emmys. Gerald McRainey did win, well deserved!
    JORY'sMom and tinderbox like this.

FORT Fogey

Damn! What they forgot to buy at the mall was batteries for the smoke detector!
    PWS likes this.

+ Reply to Thread