+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 89 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Like Tree1605Likes

Thread: This Is Us

Re: This Is Us

Very good epi. So which school did Randall go to? I don't remember if it's been referenced before. I'd guess Harvard, based on what he told Deja about the tie between school work and success. That convo between him and his birth dad filled a gap about him coming back around to his mom after his initial anger.

Quote Originally Posted by GolfGrrl View Post
    Very good epi. So which school did Randall go to? I don't remember if it's been referenced before. I'd guess Harvard, based on what he told Deja about the tie between school work and success.
    I don't think that indicates he went to Harvard. There are lots of people with big houses and fancy cars who worked hard at Universities that are not Harvard. I would not be surprised if he went to Howard
    holly71 and Cornholio like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Tonight they wrap it up with Randall's story and then no more shows for quite some time! I hate the abbreviated seasons of today's shows.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
    Sterling K. Brown did a facebook live last night and he said they would be back early January
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

January 2nd
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

FORT Fan

I believe that the girl that he made eye contact with when he was being introduced around at Howard was Beth.
    PWS, Katydyd and Cornholio like this.
    Trust Me!

Howard is a very prestigious HBCU in DC. Over the years it's produced many famous grads including Thurgood Marshall, Toni Morrison, Phylicia Rashad and Debbie Allen, Taraji Henson, Kamala Harris, Zora Neale Hurston......Randall definitely could have gone there and done quite well for himself I feel bad for Kevin. It must be hard to constantly have to live up to being#1, and never feel like you can make a mistake or fail. But what the heck was up with that anyway? Bad parenting choice to label your kids #1, #2 and #3! I didn't realize until last night that was something that carried on throughout their childhood. Yeesh! I'm just really glad there wasn't a car accident at the end - I was afraid that's what they were setting us up for! And it seems like maybe the fire was a result of faulty wiring?

It's a long time till January. Sigh
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I just knew Tess was going to be in Kevin's car, while he was driving drunk. I'm so glad he got pulled over!
    I have a feeling we will see Deja again. The young man who played Randall was excellent.
    Roll on January 2 and...
    PWS and jjm219 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I missed Randall making eye contact with a girl at Howard who might have been Beth. I will have to watch again! I don't want to miss one second of this show! I do think Randall went to Howard, as I doubt they would have showed us how much he loved it there, only for him to acquiesce to his father's hope for having a kid who went to Harvard. It just seems appropriate, too, that having grown up in a mostly white world, that he finally gets to experience more of African American culture in college.

Great to see William again, too. Another favorite moment -- that adorable little boy toward the end (after Beth and Randall say there is no doubt another child out there who needs them) being told by a social worker that they are trying very hard to find a family for him. I see a great one in his future, and I bet they are able to adopt him. I love this show!!!

Yes, when they first started showing Jack messing around with the fuse box, I figured that had to do with the fire. I posted that previously.
    Last edited by AlwaysVeg; 11-29-2017 at 02:24 PM.
    jjm219 likes this.

I don't think it was Beth. He talked about first meeting her and she had dreads.
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

I thought the end of the episode would have them all together for Thanksgiving (and inviting Deja and her Mom)...guess not. Wasn't it Thanksgiving last year where we learned their car had broken down on the way to Rebecca's parents house when the kids were little and they ended up at a hotel watching a movie and eating crackers and something else from the vending machine that they all now have at their Thanksgiving as adults? Maybe that was the reference to Police Academy 4 that Randall mentioned to Deja. I can't quite remember...

+ Reply to Thread