+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
Like Tree1661Likes

Thread: This Is Us

Re: This Is Us

Okay. Yes, I saw the scene in the bar where he was telling his friend what a great wife he had and that he should be at home. Okay. I get it.

FORT Fanatic

Yeah so far I do not like Kevin either I said that when I saw the first show. Now we know why we didn't see him wishing his brother a happy birthday. I'm guessing there was probably more then the school bus thing between them.

Oh and I loved Randall's line about how mom and dad didn't raise no whores, except during Kate's eyeliner phase.
    2boysmom, PWS, Jamie5632 and 2 others like this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

FORT Fogey

Whoa! I had seen there was another twist, and as the episode neared the very end, I thought it better not be that grandpa has a cat he has to feed. lol

Loving it. Wow.

So glad I found this show. I've been without a good relationship-type show for ages. I was a huge Brothers & Sisters fan, and really glad to see that Ken Olin is involved with this - gives me great hope for good stories and fantastic dialogue

Add me to those who didn't "get it" until the fireman offered the cigarette - like someone else said, the clues were there, I just didn't put it together. I was busy trying to figure out how they were going to have a show based around 4 people with a shared birthday, two were related (twins) but the other two? I was nervous -then BAM! It all came together and I sit there with tears on my face like a baby as the Doctor says his piece, oh my!

Episode two was great too. Loved when the wife sat the dad down in the kitchen for a late night meeting . . . . . then ends up saying "Well now I look like a B****" and the other two laugh, 'cause it really was true, and she even laughed. Seemed like a genuine, family moment. Liked the breakfast scene too when little one says "My vice is Asthma, his is cocaine", cracked me up! That's the thing, I'm seeing a good mix of humor and drama that is being well handled by the cast - so glad we'll get a whole season.

Not so sure I'm going to be a fan of the grandparents being included in modern day stuff, by the same actors. So far, not buying that Mandy Moore is in her, what? 50's?? My first thought on dad is that they divorced and the drinking was the catalyst, but they'll probably have some shocking (end of the episode) twist for us -- and that's great!

Already looking forward to next week
    PWS, Imperfect1, Cornholio and 1 others like this.

I was a Brothers and Sisters fan too, as well as a fan of Ken Olin and back in the day Thirty Something. This sort of has that feel, imo.

I guess it's the legal streak in me, but, I just don't see why they are so supportive of their brother breaking his contract. Honoring a contract is not a terrible thing. Sometimes, you have to live up to commitments that aren't fun anymore. A lot of other people rely on that. Oh well,....he's probably have lots of great things happen to him when he moves to NY. What do I know? lol

Quote Originally Posted by calicokat View Post
    So far, not buying that Mandy Moore is in her, what? 50's?? My first thought on dad is that they divorced and the drinking was the catalyst, but they'll probably have some shocking (end of the episode) twist for us -- and that's great!

Already looking forward to next week
    Here I go nit picking a show again, but one thing jumped out at me in that final scene. Last week it was made very clear that the dad was celebrating his 36th birthday the days the three children were born. Mom looked close in age, but that wasn't mentioned, outside chance she was 10 years younger, but she didn't look it.
    Now this week Miguel clearly looked the same age as the dad, or very very darned close.

At the end, when "Mom & Dad" came to visit, Miguel didn't look 72! Not even close. 36+36=72. Even figuring "Mom" at 10 years younger, she could have easily passed for 62 in the age-up scene. Maybe a little bit older, but Miguel didn't look in his 70's.

Anyhow, once again I loved the show. Once again I wasn't expecting to as much as I did.
    I just expected that by Episode 2 it would fall into cliché & pretentiousness, and I'd have a good reason to stop watching. Unfortunately most family dramas do. But it didn't. I'm genuinely interested in these people. They all seem flawed & real, but not too flawed. Just normally.

Also, I was really glad to see Gerald MacRaney's Doc again. I thought his days as a character were over.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I was a Brothers and Sisters fan too, as well as a fan of Ken Olin and back in the day Thirty Something. This sort of has that feel, imo.

I guess it's the legal streak in me, but, I just don't see why they are so supportive of their brother breaking his contract. Honoring a contract is not a terrible thing. Sometimes, you have to live up to commitments that aren't fun anymore. A lot of other people rely on that. Oh well,....he's probably have lots of great things happen to him when he moves to NY. What do I know? lol
    I think they were supportive because Kevin isn't happy. He wants out and they are his family, so it's natural they would take his side.

No, he didn't look 72, but I know a lady who is 76 and she looks 60. Barely any wrinkles, thick hair with very little grey...I tease her that she's a vampire and quit aging at 60 😂
    JosephD likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I read this thread before I watched it tonight( I know silly me) .oh my goodness, its so fun! and yet so loving and serious..its a lovely lovely show..
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I think they were supportive because Kevin isn't happy. He wants out and they are his family, so it's natural they would take his side.
    He seems like a spoiled brat to me. Some people are malcontents. That's how he strikes me. Sometimes, we have to do the right thing, because it's the right thing and we may not always be happy with it, imo. I hope they don't write what happens to him from a predictable cliche. So far, they seem to be pretty creative. I hope that continues.

+ Reply to Thread