+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869 LastLast
Like Tree1317Likes

Thread: This Is Us

Re: This Is Us

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I thought Kate figured out that the guy was married before she slept with him. Maybe I'm imagining that.
    I got this out of the conversation, too.
    Critical likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I am finding it hilarious that you guys are debating how realistically Facebook is portrayed in the episode LOLOLOLOL

FORT Fogey

The best scene was the the flashback of the two judges, talking casually about what they had accomplished that day, if anything. They asked each other if they had done anything good for anyone, and agreed they would never know. One was the judge who saw the goodness in William at a very low point after losing his baby (Randall) and wife, and lectured him about getting and staying off drugs ... and then we see a scene in which William later in life was about to shoot up, at another very low point and about to give up on life again, when someone came to his door, so he hurriedly put all the drug paraphernalia away, answered the door, and there was Randall telling him "I'm your son" (parapharased). The other judge was the one who said he would not approve the Pearsons' adoption of Randall, because he believed a black child should not be adopted into a white family. Then Rebecca had written him a very moving letter, and although he would not change his mind, he recused himself rather than block the adoption (paving the way for another judge to get the case and approve it). So the judge who recused himself and therefore allowed the adoption, and the judge who saved William's life were the two having the casual conversation in that scene, never knowing how their cases intertwined and all the good they did for that family. Made me cry! Such great writing! This was a really good episode.
    navybelle likes this.

I enjoyed this week's episode!!

I really enjoyed Toby this week. I loved his chat with Jack and his proposal to Kate. I love how he said she deserved to walk down the aisle with her two ridiculously handsome brothers.

I felt so bad for Deja and in a way, her mother. Some people genuinely do have much harder lives and sometimes, it really is hard to stay on the right path. It was unexpected to see Randall and Beth switch on the subject, but I can see both sides. You want to protect this foster child, but at the time, you have to remember she is already attached to her mother...and whether good or bad, she already has all of these experiences. It broke my heart when she said how she had been saving her allowance in order to give it to her mother so that she could get everything she needed in jail.

The flashbacks were great as well. William!!! Such a hard life...loved that at the end, Randall saved him from falling down the rocky path he used to be on in his youth. I find comfort in knowing that at the end of his life, he found some joy in being reunited and spending time with Randall! Loved the talk with him and the judge!

I don't know why, but I'm just not connecting to the Kevin storyline. I'm happy Justin has something more meaty to sink his teeth into, but yeah, I don't why, but I'm just meh on it all. I truly feel bad for Sophie overall.
    holly71 and Cornholio like this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Any episode with William in, is a bonus for me.

I loved Toby, when he was speaking to the urn, too funny., then telling Kate if she wants a wedding with all the trimmings, , she should have it

I teared up when the judge read Rebecca's note. The judge was an @ss,at least he recused himself

Randall was too judgemental, Dejas mother seems nice.

Kevin, what a mess he is..at least he loves Sophie enough to let her go though, he knows the mess ( sigh)
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I am so glad they are including William still in flashbacks. Any part of his story is so beautifully done.
    Kevin- eh, he won me over with the showing up at Sophie's door with all the flashbacks as her being the only one he's loved his whole life, but lost me this week. I guess it is better that he lets her go, but I hated that he had to hurt her like that. Like she said, he was the one that showed up at her door saying those things. At least he was honest I guess, but too bad he didn't figure it out sooner. She didn't really get a say in it. He has been and now still is my least favorite of the big three. Maybe he's the most like Jack's dad.
    holly71 and Cornholio like this.

I agree about Kevin. His story is the least compelling to me, and it looks like next week we get an all-Kevin episode. Poor Sophie! Its not something I'm looking forward to watching, to be honest. Addiction is awful and heartbreaking.

Seeing William again was great! I loved those scenes.
    holly71 likes this.

I'm interested in Kevin's current storyline. I think it's every bit as interesting as Rebecca, Kate and Randall's. I also think JH is a very good actor and am looking forward to where this all leads for Kevin and how it affects the others.

That said, and I may have mentioned before, I totally enjoy the backstory of this show and care about it much more then the present day tales. I absolutely need to know every last bit about how the family got to where it is now rather then where it's going. I'll admit, part of this could be because I LOVE Jack and he only exists in the backstory. I'm not sure.
    Last edited by tinderbox; 11-11-2017 at 05:08 PM.

I loved this week's episode! The part with the judges was great. The constant interconnectedness (is that a word?) in the stories is awesome.

I was getting mad at Randall for being so judgmental and self righteous to the social worker (I liked it when she told him off) and to Deja's mom, so I was glad with his reversal at the end. They can love her and support her and do their best to protect her, but that is her mom. I think Randall realized that when remembering how he and William also needed each other. The way they tied all of that together was beautiful.

Kevin is spiraling because he is addicted! He needs some serious therapy and rehab, because he is self destructing.

That was a superb episode! My goodness there is not a weak spot with the cast or writing in my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread