+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 89 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Like Tree1605Likes

Thread: This Is Us

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: This Is Us

Lots of great acting on this show; it is so well done.
    That's why I'm hooked..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

This is the only tv show I watch live. (Although I do DVR it while watching.) it's so darn good that I choose to experience it in real time. No waiting for me.

I also prefer the scenes from the past. Much more interesting for me to watch the puzzle come together.

Great show!

Toby was on the Andy Cohen show tonight.
    Someone on this thread mentioned they felt he was insincere and/or sketchy. I found him kind of that way on Andy Cohen's show. And, I find him that way on this show.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fan

How different does he look without the fat suit he wears on the show?
    Trust Me!

I hadn't watched last week's yet so I watched before last night's epi came on and I can't miss this show! Just when you think you have everything figured out they throw something else in the mix. I hope Kate doesn't miscarry. Jack with a brother, wow! I'm sad about the Kevin storyline but at least it's something for him. I was sad about Rebecca's mom because I love Elizabeth Perkins. I wonder if they'll rap up the Jack's dad thing, did he die? I hope Deja opens up more to Beth and Randall, she's very fortunate to be in a home like that!
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Toby was on the Andy Cohen show tonight.
    Someone on this thread mentioned they felt he was insincere and/or sketchy. I found him kind of that way on Andy Cohen's show. And, I find him that way on this show.
    I agree! It was like he was trying way too hard. Definitely not genuine.
    norealityhere likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Originally Posted by MFWalkoff The more compelling storylines are in the past, and with Randall's family. But I'm so invested in the characters that I can coast along with the lesser plots because it always gets better by the end of the hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    Yes! Perfectly stated!! Even though I like some more than others, overall, I enjoy the entire show still!
    I cosign this also. I was fascinated by the camping trip flashback. It gave us a lot of insight into Kevin and Randalls relationship as young children. Jack and Rebecca were aware that Kevin did not have a great relationship with his brother and Jack thought the camping trip would help. My heart broke when Kevin was inside the tent on a sort of 'time out for bad behavior' and was reading the spiral note pad that belonged to Randall. Randall, with his sense of perfection, and always wanting to make sense of the world, had jotted down things that might 'help' him get along better with his brother. It tugged at my heart strings and I had a lump in my throat. I was interested to know just why it was that Kevin had issues with his brother. He refused to discuss it with his dad. I was getting angry at him and thinking he was a little sh*t but then after he read the notebook, he came out and was toasting marshmallows while sitting next to Randall, so I guess he isn't that bad of an egg.

Strange also that in all those years of marriage Rebecca had never met Jack's dad. I knew they were estranged but I had no idea he had never met Jack's wife or children. And Jack has a brother!!! Nicky! And Nicky was in Vietnam in the same unit as Jack, which I found unusual. I am thinking Nicky did not make it back.

Toby dancing in the coffee shop and being a goof ball annoyed me. I guess Kate thinks he is charming or something.
    Cornholio likes this.

norealityhere likes this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I got Kevin, who I love.
    RealityRealmer likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I got Kevin, who I love.
    I knew you've always seemed like my brother!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread