+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 89 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Like Tree1605Likes

Thread: This Is Us

Re: This Is Us

I didn't realize most don't like Toby. I love him!

Loved when Randall said "omg did grandma shoot MLK?" Lol

I like Deja, I am rooting for her too. They both need to understand where she's coming from in terms of trust. She felt betrayed to realize Beth told Randall about their conversation because she hasn't experienced family trusting one another that way. Randall's little girls are so great.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    Favorite line was when little Randall asked if grandma killed MLK! She was awful! And sorry, didn't feel anything when they tried to give her a little redemption at the end. Bye Grandma...hope to not see you again.

I loved that scene, it was such a typical kid response.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer View Post
    I didn't realize most don't like Toby. I love him!
    I do too, it's Kate I am not very fond of.
    KrazeeKy07 likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I loved that scene, it was such a typical kid response.

I do too, it's Kate I am not very fond of
    Me too. I mean, I don't like Toby, but I've grown to not like Kate much either. The character development for Kate seems to be "she's fat" and that's it. I don't find that interesting and it seems like lazy writing to me.

I still watch, but I'm not as big a fan as many are. It's not the end all be all for me. My favorite storylines always revolve around Randall. I think his is the most well-written and developed (and acted) character. The rest of the show is just less for me. I'd happily watch a show just about Randall and his nuclear family with Beth.
    dagwood likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Randall and both his dads are definitely the best characters. Followed closely by Randall's whole immediate family
    navybelle likes this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Beth sometimes annoys me, I don't quite know why..but I like Kate. Ill always love Kevin, always...he reminds me of Jack
    I think a new wig is order for older Rebecca , good lord that thing is a horror story
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I love Beth. The only one that really annoys me is Rebecca, but at times I like her too.

Randall is the main draw of the show for me!! Sterling is just wonderful!! I also enjoy Jack. I like Kate and Toby. Kevin is totally my least favorite. He has grown on me a bit, but eh.
    Punkin and MFWalkoff like this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Why am I so hooked on this show??? It's pretty much the only drama on TV that I stop everything to watch. Which can get tricky since I'm usually still working when it comes on.

The Kevin's-an-addict storyline is pretty one-dimensional, and Toby is off the charts goofy. The more compelling storylines are in the past, and with Randall's family. But I'm so invested in the characters that I can coast along with the lesser plots because it always gets better by the end of the hour.
    KrazeeKy07 and Coco46 like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    The more compelling storylines are in the past, and with Randall's family. But I'm so invested in the characters that I can coast along with the lesser plots because it always gets better by the end of the hour.
    Yes! Perfectly stated!! Even though I like some more than others, overall, I enjoy the entire show still!
    Coco46 likes this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Why am I so hooked on this show??? It's pretty much the only drama on TV that I stop everything to watch. Which can get tricky since I'm usually still working when it comes on.

The Kevin's-an-addict storyline is pretty one-dimensional, and Toby is off the charts goofy. The more compelling storylines are in the past, and with Randall's family. But I'm so invested in the characters that I can coast along with the lesser plots because it always gets better by the end of the hour.
    I agree with you on Kevin's storyline. I understand the past is affecting his choices, and addiction apparently has been handed down from his dad and grandfather. But, I'm just not really that interested in this story very much.

Seems a lot of people just love Toby, and I know I'm in the minority. I really, really dislike him - not sure why! He seems insincere or sketchy to me but I don't have any evidence to back up the claim. Though I did like the comment about thinking Kate had killed that annoying girl being her good news.

Jack has a brother! No wonder he's so good at being a protective, caring dad, if he grew up taking care of little Nick. Looks like maybe Nick died in the Vietnam War? That's got to be tough on Jack too.

How awesome is little Randall as an actor? Wow. Big Randall is great too. The little Kevin did a pretty good job tonight as well! Lots of great acting on this show; it is so well done.
    tapper01 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread