+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 89 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Like Tree1605Likes

Thread: This Is Us

Re: This Is Us

Kate's pregnant? Wow, that one threw me. I am still not a big fan of Toby's, but now we will have to see how he adjusts to this news.

The fostering story is very compelling, and I'm finding myself rooting for Deja. Randall can be so awkward, but it is endearing, and his wife totally gets him. Their girls are so cute, and what great little actresses!

I'm not thrilled with Kevin's current storyline, although I'm warming up to him and liking him having success in his career. The parts with the real Hollywood people playing themselves is cute, but the rest of this story seems to be heavy and forced in a way.

I want to see more Jack, of course, and even when we find out how he died in the fire, I hope they will still find a way to keep him on our TVs!!

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I empathize with Kevin. He doesn't want to miss out on his passion, but he knows addiction runs in the family. Kate/food. Jack/alcohol and to some extent Randall and his need for perfection, Beth totally gets him though.

So I'm interested to see where Kev takes us, I'm a huge fan of Justin Hartley .

I'm one of the few that likes Toby, he has a much different relationship than any of her family, plus we have seen Kate without him, she was not happy..
    I just grinned when she said she was pregnant.

Im glad that Rebecca had more time last week, her relationship with her mother, reminds us of Rebecca's with Kate. I hate when my mother calls me bunny, she calls Kate bug....
    Cornholio and Eastcoastmom like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Yes, I was blindsided by Kate's pregnancy. I wonder if she is going to miscarry because it seems a bit much to have her dealing with a baby while trying to get her singing career off the ground ... or is that going to help her bond with her mother, who also gave up the opportunity to be a singer because of motherhood? I can't imagine Toby responding in any kind of negative way.

It broke my heart how Rebecca's mother was so callous to Randall when he was a kid... such a smart and sensitive little boy. It was also so sad that Deja chopped off her beautiful new hairdo.

I don't know where they're going with Kevin's story. Is he ultimately going to lose his career to addiction?

In terms of Jack and the fire, because Kate seems to feel so guilty for his death, I wonder if he goes back into the burning house to rescue her dog or something important to her.
    Cornholio likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Not crazy about the Kate pregnancy story line. She will be super high risk. I wonder if a miscarriage is in her future? I hate that they are going with the pill addiction story line for Kevin but happy he is being given more to do this season. Randall has had such a perfect life that he can't even comprehend the things that Deja has experienced. He's oversharing with her in an attempt to bond. Just relax, Randall, it will happen.

Rebecca's mother is a piece of work! Just awful!
    tinderbox likes this.

I'm wondering what they name that dog. Rocky?
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I'm wondering what they name that dog. Rocky?
    Most likely an homage to Sly Stallone and nothing storyline related.

Did any of you guys notice that when adult Kevin was watching his old football video with his dad talking.... the dad is sitting in the stands talking to the camera <the timeframe is when Kevin was in highschool> and then the camera zooms out and shows the dad high-fiving the guy sitting next to him in the stands. The camera zooms out and we see that the dad is high-fiving adult Randall. So weird and I guess a production error. But we rewound a couple of times and it's plain as day. Just interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Most likely an homage to Sly Stallone and nothing storyline related.
    Jacks favourite actor..
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Did any of you guys notice that when adult Kevin was watching his old football video with his dad talking.... the dad is sitting in the stands talking to the camera <the timeframe is when Kevin was in highschool> and then the camera zooms out and shows the dad high-fiving the guy sitting next to him in the stands. The camera zooms out and we see that the dad is high-fiving adult Randall. So weird and I guess a production error. But we rewound a couple of times and it's plain as day. Just interesting.
    I thought that looked like him, too!! Didn't rewind to make sure, but I'll take your word, and how weird it is that they'd do that.

Rebecca's mom was horrible; I really felt for Randall. You'd think she'd be more aware of the way she treats Kate because of how her mom was to her, but she doesn't even see it. I did have to laugh when they were all upstairs and no one wanted to go down because Grandma/Mom was thereand they were avoiding her. With good reason!
    Cornholio likes this.

Favorite line was when little Randall asked if grandma killed MLK! She was awful! And sorry, didn't feel anything when they tried to give her a little redemption at the end. Bye Grandma...hope to not see you again.

Kevin's storyline - happy the actor is getting something with more substance, as I stated in an earlier post, but ol Kev still ranks at the bottom of the big 3 for me. It's like they realized the other two had such a special connection with Jack, that they just kind of threw addiction issues at Kevin out of nowhere. But I'll reserve full judgement until the end of the season to see how it all turns out.

Enjoying the foster storyline! Randall needs to relax. I'm also rooting for Deja and can't wait to watch her, hopefully, get more comfortable in her new environment and work through some of her issues. I truly feel sorry for her.

The Kate pregnancy storyline makes me super nervous. I hope it all goes well!!

Solid episode!!
    Cornholio likes this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

+ Reply to Thread