+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 125253545556575859606162
Like Tree1240Likes

Thread: This Is Us

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: This Is Us

I think some mothers and daughters have strained relationships. I was never a daddy's girl, but I always felt closer to my father.

I got a little lost in the timeline now and then as well.

I'm wondering if Randall's hesitation about fostering is founded, its much harder than Beth made it sound.
    Cornholio likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't believe I have ever hated a show as much as I do this one. I gave it an honest shot. I find none of the characters relatable or even likeable. Sorry.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Well, they showed just a tiny bit more why Kate's relationship with her mom is less than ideal. In the kitchen scene Kevin does his Mr. T impression and Randall, his yo yo trick. Rebecca urged Kate to sing for her dad. Then tells Kate she has the best voice in the house. Kate is excited for the talent show and excited to wear the new dress her mom sewed for her. She goes to the bathroom where Becca is showering and hears her mom singing the same song, but beautifully. She leaves dejected and makes up the excuse of a sore throat so as not to perform. My heart broke for her then.

As someone who loves to sing, I felt that it was strange that Kate had NEVER heard her mom sing prior, especially that Rebecca had tried to make it as a singer earlier when single.

Cue to present. While congratulating Kate on her 1st paying gig, Becca tells Kate that in time she will " learn to work the room." Once again she took the wind out of Kate's sails.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
    this dynamic hits close to my home. I feel my daughter resents me in this way. In my desire to be as good as I can be, I probably gave her "tips' or things and she started to resent it. I have always been pretty skinny and she went through a phase of being quite chunky in MS. She changed her major 3 times and when she finally graduated college as a Teacher (I am one too) she told me she ignored her calling to be a teacher because I was.....so I see a LOT of my family in this show

I think the idea of bringing an older kid or teen to foster into the house is nice and coming from a good place, but it seems a risky idea for the safety of their girls.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    I think the idea of bringing an older kid or teen to foster into the house is nice and coming from a good place, but it seems a risky idea for the safety of their girls.
    That's what I kept thinking..
    Cornholio likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Depends on the kid you're bringing into the foster home. Not all the kids in foster care have predatory behaviors or violent issues. There are just simply some really good kids, even older ones. Honestly when I see the kids we have in foster care the younger ones can be a little more problematic because it's before behavioral issues have really come out or at least the extent of them. By about 10/11 here the kids with severely high needs are generally in higher levels of care than your average family foster home. The rest are functioning ok in regular foster homes. The oldest kids, who have stuck around, are kind of detached from the whole process and building their lives because they know they're about to age out of foster care. They know the home is just a bed to sleep on for now and not really a family by that point. But lots of families foster who have kids already.
    Miss_Griss likes this.

Yes, that's what I meant by risky. Not saying that every older kid would have bad behaviors or endanger the girls, but there is definitely a risk involved... from the preview it looks like they will have an older girl and it looks like trouble. Unless the preview is misleading.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I have read that you should respect the birth order. If they want to adopt or foster an older child and not an infant, the child should be younger than their youngest.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
    Punkin and Cornholio like this.

I think what I love most about this show is how relatable it is. Something for everyone.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Finally some heavier stuff for ol Kev. I look forward to seeing his storyline progress. It appears we are headed for a painkiller addiction storyline.

The Annie and William scene stole my heart!!! What an adorable, talented little actress!!! Love that she was the one who convinced William to stay. I also loved how they filmed Deja's initial arrival. Looking forward to watching this storyline progress as well.
    Punkin, Katydyd and Eastcoastmom like this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

+ Reply to Thread