+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Like Tree1183Likes

Thread: This Is Us

Re: This Is Us

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    ^ Also, am I mistaken but wasn't Milo celebrating a birthday in the opening scene....where he jumped on the bed and Mandy came out very, very pregnant? For some reason I thought he said it was his 36th birthday. So, that would mean their children were born on their dad's birthday. I could be mistaken, though.
    Yes, the couple commented while in the hospital that the kids would share their dad's birthday.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

FORT Fogey

Wow, what a terrific show! I had DVR'd it and just watched it last night. Besides being a little disconcerted by the Mike & Molly resemblance of Kate and the boyfriend, I loved every minute. At first I just thought it was about unrelated people who just happened to have been born on the same day, but then when two turned out to be twins, it got a lot more interesting. I started noticing a few hints that the parents were back in the '70s or '80s, and at some point a few minutes before the cigarette scene, I finally realized Kate and Kevin were the surviving twins (thinking: hmmm, isn't it weird that there are two sets of boy-girl twins in this story? DUH!) Believing I was so clever to figure that out, I was then hit with the surprise about the third baby!! Did not see that coming and absolutely loved that scene when they were wearing those matching sweaters knitted not so well by grandma. I'm definitely a Sterling K. Brown fan since seeing him play Darden, and can't wait to see what happens with the relationship with his biological father, as well as how the stories evolve for the other two. What a great premise for a show ... hope it goes the distance.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

The ending was so precious, I rewound to see it again.
    causingchaos likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I'd like to see the relationship between Sterling K. Brown's character (I hate that I can't remember his name! Did it start with a "K"?) and the twins. Hope they will be interacting frequently ... could be interesting! I'd like to nominate Gerald McRaney for a best guest actor Emmy right now for his role on the first show!

I didn't catch on to any clues until the end when the fireman offered a cigarette. I only remember Kate's name so where it clicked with me was remembering the adopted twin said that the firemen took him to the hospital and the adoptive parents were already at the hospital and it clicked.

I really hope this show keeps my interest. I so loved the premiere. And put me in the disappointed that Gerald McRaney is not a regular box. I love him.
    Punkin and causingchaos like this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

Maybe this show will generate a spin off where Gerald McRaney plays an older, wise widower OB-GYN that keeps on working because he's lonely at home.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I'd like to see the relationship between Sterling K. Brown's character (I hate that I can't remember his name! Did it start with a "K"?) and the twins. Hope they will be interacting frequently ... could be interesting! I'd like to nominate Gerald McRaney for a best guest actor Emmy right now for his role on the first show!
    Randall
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Then I call him the adopted twin. Duh...triplet.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I finally watched online. I'm super bummed out that they're keeping this after the voice. I'd absolutely love one less night of the voice and for this to be on earlier so I could watch it on real TV. Anyhow, these shows like this usually aren't my thing but I totally liked it. I like that the kids are all living different lives now. It looked like they kept in contact judging by the pictures they showed at the end of the show where as adults they were all together. I don't know. Every time I like a show it gets cancelled so I'm going to try to not get too excited about this but I kind of am excited.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I caught on to the twist much later than the rest of you did. None of the hints registered until the guy looking at babies told the new Dad someone had left a baby at the Fire Station & he brought it in. I thought: "Wow. What are the chances of history repeating itself and this happening twice in the same show?" I started wondering if Fire Stations are a common place for baby drop offs.
    About that time the wheels started turning & I got it.
    Well done!
    Haha, I am glad I am not the only one. I didn't get it until I read this thread, duh....lol But i LOVE this show. After Parenthood went off the air I was so disappointed and thought I couldn't find another show like it. Last year I watched all the Chicago shows (PD, fire and med) and loved them too so I will watch them. I have to watch them on demand because I go to bed early.

+ Reply to Thread