+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Like Tree1169Likes

Thread: This Is Us

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: This Is Us

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom View Post
    I knew I'd end up loving Kevin...a lot.

I do think Jack's death has to do with alcohol. A little too much emphasis on that when he was at the pub.
    Same here. I loved Kevin from the start, but now I love him even more.
    JORY'sMom likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Chrissy is going to be on Live with Kelly today!
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think its wise Toby and Kate get to know each other better. Its the little things that can turn into bad things in a relationship. Gosh they do taunt us about Jacks death. I hated to see Jack drink again. I'm wondering if Miguel had anything to do with Jack's death, so many what ifs. I loved that Kevin ran to his brother, that gave me goosebumps when he hugged Randall.

The one thing that bugs me ( only one ) Miguel playing older Miguel, has way too much make up on. It bothers me every time I see him present day.All that grey on his hair..he needs less.

I look forward to seeing Randall and William next week, I don't think William has much time left.
    LOL! I commented on that exact same thing to my husband! It looks so fake & overdone, meanwhile, all it looks they did with Mandy Moore is put glasses on & gave her a bob with bangs. They need to figure out a balance with aging those two characters!
    tinderbox and Fanny Mare like this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    LOL! I commented on that exact same thing to my husband! It looks so fake & overdone, meanwhile, all it looks they did with Mandy Moore is put glasses on & gave her a bob with bangs. They need to figure out a balance with aging those two characters!
    They did give her some wrinkles, but in no way is she nearly as heavily made up as Miguel. Besides being anxious to find out why Jack died, I am almost as equally impatient to know how Rebecaa winds up marrying Miguel, and it seems within a couple of years of Jack's death. I wonder if Jack had made some sort of "deal" ... either in conversation at some point, or in the form of a deathbed promise ... that Miguel would take care of Rebecca after his death, even marry her.

I LOVE this show. Best on network TV, in ages! The basic storyline is intriguing. The complex character development, although a bit slow, is outstanding...and I get why it's been slow. The actors are doing a fantastic job with the material they've been given and they ALL truly seem to know the characters they're playing within the story they're telling.

Unlike some of you... I don't want to know how Jack died. He's my favorite character (I appreciate them all, but...) and I hate to face the fact that he dies somewhere along the way. I don't want to experience an episode without him. Thus, the reason my head is way way down in the sand!!

LOVED how Kevin ran to his brother's side. Miguel, who I wasn't at all fond of until this episode, gave Kevin some sage advice about his similarities to Jack. Kevin embraced that information and FINALLY showed some outward signs of compassion to Randall. Very cool!

Does anybody know how many episodes in advance the cast knows about the upcoming story?
    Last edited by tinderbox; 02-17-2017 at 02:23 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I LOVE this show. Best on network TV, in ages! The basic storyline is intriguing. The complex character development, although a bit slow, is outstanding...and I get why it's been slow. The actors are doing a fantastic job with the material they've been given and they ALL truly seem to know the characters they're playing within the story they're telling.

Unlike some of you... I don't want to know how Jack died. He's my favorite character (I appreciate them all, but...) and I hate to face the fact that he dies somewhere along the way. I don't want to experience an episode without him. Thus, the reason my head is way way down in the sand!!

LOVED how Kevin ran to his brother's side. Miguel, who I wasn't at all fond of until this episode, gave Kevin some sage advice about his similarities to Jack. Kevin embraced that information and FINALLY showed some outward signs of compassion to Randall. Very cool!

Does anybody know how many episodes in advance the cast knows about the upcoming story?
    We know that he dies, so there's no escaping that, and I'm pretty sure we'll continue to see him after the cause of death is revealed, just as we are seeing him now, in flashback.

I don't know how far in advance the cast knows about upcoming stories, but several of the actors have warned it will be a bumpy ride to the end of the season, so they know at least that far.

I'm not really worrying about how Jack dies either. We know it happens. It's not that I'm denial it's just we already know it happens so I'm not really worried about the hows and whys of it.
    GolfGrrl and KTinCT like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    Chrissy is going to be on Live with Kelly today!
    karna, were you able to catch her appearance? If so, can you share anything of interest that she said? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Late to the party here ...
    ... but this may turn out to be my favorite TV series ever.
    After Melrose Place, that is.
    Welcome, Ellen. As the song goes, "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to." Always keep your tissues handy. (The guys just choke it back and get up for a snack.)
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    In the beginning was the WORD. Without definition there was nothing. We define the words.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    karna, were you able to catch her appearance? If so, can you share anything of interest that she said? TIA
    I'm not karna, but I saw it. She mostly talked about how she got started in the business, when she auditioned for and got the role, but nothing really about what is ahead in terms of story lines. Sorry, no big reveals.

+ Reply to Thread