+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 89 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888 ... LastLast
Like Tree1605Likes

Thread: This Is Us

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: This Is Us

It's my favorite show as well. If we say the Big 3 are 16, that would make Jack 52. I'm just thinking about 16 because of what Kevin told the professor's widow at the wake he crashed. He said something like 16 is a hard age, referring to the widow's son.

ETA: not to nitpick but Kate kept referring to Toby as her 'fiancee.' Wouldn't he be her 'fiance'?

I agree it looks like it could be anywhere between 15-18 so the kids were still young and Jack would be early to mid 50's. Definetely seems to have affected the kids a lot. Kevin married young and couldn't handle it even though she was the love of his life. Kate seemed to just used food as comfort. Randall searched for his birth parents. Still not getting how Rebecca ended up with Miguel.
    Lindyhop1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    It's my favorite show as well. If we say the Big 3 are 16, that would make Jack 52. I'm just thinking about 16 because of what Kevin told the professor's widow at the wake he crashed. He said something like 16 is a hard age, referring to the widow's son.

ETA: not to nitpick but Kate kept referring to Toby as her 'fiancee.' Wouldn't he be her 'fiance'?
    Aren't they pronounced the same?
    karna68 likes this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Aren't they pronounced the same?
    I think so. I think Kate is so pretty, she glows when she's happy

. I love coming here and reading about the show we all just watched.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

No, they are not pronounced the same. One is fee ahn say and the other is fee ahns.

No, they are not pronounced the same. One is fee ahn say and the other is fee ahns.
    I've only heard the first one ECM.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Nope. There might be a slight difference in which syllable is emphasized, but they are both pronounced essentially the same, with three syllables. Just the spelling is different in terms of one "e" or two "ee's" at the end.

Fiancé vs. Fiancée: What
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Nope. There might be a slight difference in which syllable is emphasized, but they are both pronounced essentially the same, with three syllables. Just the spelling is different in terms of one "e" or two "ee's" at the end.

Fiancé vs. Fiancée: What
    Okay, mea culpa. I stand corrected. I've always been taught to stress the first 'i' with fiancé and pronounce it as 2 syllables and the last 'e' with fiancée as having 3 syllables. Curiously enough, there is a very slight different between US English and British English with regard to fiancé. In American English the stress is on the last e and in British English the stress is on the middle syllable 'an' but they do pronounce it with 3 syllables.

How to pronounce fiancé in English

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Maybe Toby will beat up the camp guy? I didnt get a creepy vibe from him though...
    Maybe "creepy" is a bit strong, but definitely inappropriate, IMO. The guy works there. Not cool fraternizing with a patron in such a manner who is likely paying more than a few dollars to be there, not to mention being there for one reason and one reason only.
    We don't get the previews here in Canada (damn you CTV), but it sounds like from previous posts that Kate tells Toby about camp guy. Good.

ETA: Love this show too!
    Last edited by Tribal Speak; 01-25-2017 at 10:37 PM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak View Post
    Maybe "creepy" is a bit strong, but definitely inappropriate, IMO. The guy works there. Not cool fraternizing with a patron in such a manner who is likely paying more than a few dollars to be there, not to mention being there for one reason and one reason only.
    We don't get the previews here in Canada (damn you CTV), but it sounds like from previous posts that Kate tells Toby about camp guy. Good.

ETA: Love this show too!
    Maybe he thinks that because she's overweight, she doesn't have anyone? Toby arrives at the camp to visit Kate, camp guy says something.
    I know CTV doesn't give previews, I watch it on a US channel.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread