+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
Like Tree1351Likes

Thread: This Is Us

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: This Is Us

Crap, I missed it. Maybe I'll be able to catch it online or something. It stinks not having a DVR. It completely slipped my mind. Now tonight I have to choose between watching the season premiere of Chicago PD or that new show starring Kiefer Sutherland.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Crap, I missed it. Maybe I'll be able to catch it online or something. It stinks not having a DVR. It completely slipped my mind. Now tonight I have to choose between watching the season premiere of Chicago PD or that new show starring Kiefer Sutherland.
    It repeats again this Saturday.You really need that DVR!..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I have an old VCR, complete with VHS tapes. In fact, I have 2, but one is downright ancient. They still sell those things & they're dirt cheap, although they may be a bit scarce now.
    I have a DVD player, but it doesn't record. I figure why spend the money on a DVR when that old VCR still works.

When I say I tape things, I really do TAPE things.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

I caught on to the twist much later than the rest of you did. None of the hints registered until the guy looking at babies told the new Dad someone had left a baby at the Fire Station & he brought it in. I thought: "Wow. What are the chances of history repeating itself and this happening twice in the same show?" I started wondering if Fire Stations are a common place for baby drop offs.
    About that time the wheels started turning & I got it.
    Well done!
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It repeats again this Saturday.You really need that DVR!..
    Thanks for the heads up, Fanny.

Miss Scarlet, I have an old VHS player as well as a newer one that is a combo DVD/VHS player. Neither are hooked up. I don't have the patience for it. I'm talking about the DVRs, I think that's what they are called, that record straight from the cable box. I'm kind of embarrassed to say this but we have 6 televisions in a household of 3. We have 3 cable boxes for televisions in 3 of our 4 bedrooms, one for the living room TV , another cable box for the small TV in the kitchen and a behemoth super old TV that is the kind that fits in the walnut console, which is in the basement. That thing isn't even cable ready. One of the TVs in the spare bedroom is an older one, too. We have Verizon and I think they charge $9 per cable box, so it adds up. DH refuses to pay the extra $$ for the cable box that records. I'm at my wit's end b/c our cable bill is close to $260 a month and I rarely watch any of the premium channels. In fact, I could live without TV but could not live without my internet. Our son lives in TX and has a Netflix account. He says we can use his but I have no idea how any of this works. I have Amazon Prime for the first time this year and haven't used any of the services it comes with. I'm just grateful for the 2 day delivery. I'm lucky I can use my Android phone. Sigh.

Miss Starlet, Keep the VCR. It's about the only free way to record without issues. They are hard to find now with the remote. I look and they are scarce. I saw a story recently that the last one was manufactured! NO MORE will be made. Isn't that wild? 4

I like this show, but I couldn't figure it out. I knew something was hinky when the mother delivered triplets with no C-section! What? Not in 2016. I definitely need to watch it again. It has great potential.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Miss Scarlet, please pardon my spelling. I actually know a lady named Starlet.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.

FORT Fogey

After the cigarette offer, that's when other things started to click into place. Why the dad had such a shaggy appearance, his jean jacket, the mom's peasant blouse, dad not able to accompany wife for c-section, old TV in hospital. Really well done, as everything was hiding in plain sight!
    Imperfect1 and Debb70 like this.

^^^^ Yep, all right there, but I don't think many viewers "got it" before the end. For me, it was the cigarettes. Plus, in one of the previews, they showed the doctor telling the father that he had two healthy babies, so as soon as they revealed that she was pregnant with triplets, I knew something was up.

I'll definitely keep watching. REALLY liked Justin Hartley in the episode. I'm still sad about the cancellation of Emily Owens, M.D., so I'm happy he's back in another series.

The pilot was really strong, so I hope they can keep it up. I'll be curious to see if they do.
    dagwood, Imperfect1 and Coco46 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Just watched this. I didn't figure it out until I saw the cigarette either. Love love love this show!!!! Hopefully this doesn't mean it will be cancelled before Thanksgiving. But then again, this isn't on ABC
    Imperfect1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread