+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast
Like Tree1387Likes

Thread: This Is Us

Re: This Is Us

I was disappointed when Randall's bio dad just happened to walk up when the parents are taking the babies home. Too contrived for my taste. How could he have known when they would be leaving? Or that she was holding a black child? Or that it was his son? Just so contrived. And she sees this man walking towards the hospital and just knows he's the bio father? Based on what they have shown so far, I don't buy it. This show had so far been quite creative and unpredictable, but this didn't seem even a little bit believable. Of course, the truth will come back to bite mom. Once again, so predictable.

I FINALLY figured out where I know Randall from!!! He played Roland on Army Wives (2007-2013)! I loved his character and imo, he was never given much credit or enough storyline in that show. NOW, he's getting the role of a lifetime. Congratulations to Sterling K. Brown. I bet he's thrilled.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterling_K._Brown
    pikachu and AcookerTV like this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcmomof2 View Post
    Love this show. It just keeps getting better. I, too, was glad to see that Kevin fired Kate and hopefully that will make them both less dependent on each other. I really like Randall and love that they showed how he got his name. My only issue is that this show makes me cry! Every time!!
    I know, me too. Such wonderful acting, it touches every emotion. Rarely does a show do this..

My niece has twins, watching them is adorable. When they were smaller they had their own language, breaking Kate away from Kevin won't be that easy..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I can understand where Rebecca was coming from when she made the deal with William/Shakespeare all those years ago. Perhaps that is why she initially had trouble bonding with "Kyle" b/c in the back of her mind she feared he would be taken away from her. I loved William suggesting that she should give him his own name. But, otoh, it might come back to bite her in the a@s. With William not having much time left to live, if Randall finds out his mom kept William's identity a secret from him, he may resent her very much.
    I got the feeling the reason Rebecca was having trouble bonding with "Kyle" was that she had already bonded with the triplets while she was pregnant. The 3 K names were already picked out for them before they were born. When she lost the 3rd baby, she lost "Kyle". It may have felt like she was giving away his name to a replacement baby. Thus the trouble bonding. He was a reminder of the "Kyle" she lost.
    Giving him his own name kind of made him his own person, not a replacement. Now she could love "Randall" as himself.

I kind of liked this part. It's been bothering me how easily they just replaced a baby they wanted but lost. This made it all clear to me.
    PWS, mika06, Cornholio and 1 others like this.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I got the feeling the reason Rebecca was having trouble bonding with "Kyle" was that she had already bonded with the triplets while she was pregnant. The 3 K names were already picked out for them before they were born. When she lost the 3rd baby, she lost "Kyle". It may have felt like she was giving away his name to a replacement baby. Thus the trouble bonding. He was a reminder of the "Kyle" she lost.
    Giving him his own name kind of made him his own person, not a replacement. Now she could love "Randall" as himself.

I kind of liked this part. It's been bothering me how easily they just replaced a baby they wanted but lost. This made it all clear to me.
    Yes, to this as well, Miss Scarlet. However, correct me if I am wrong but I thought that Rebecca and Jack had NOT chosen names for their babies before the delivery and that they chose the 3 "K" names in honor of Gerald McRaney's character, Dr. Nathan Katowsky. I had to check IMDB b/c I wasn't sure what the doc's last name was but I thought Jack mentioned they were naming the triplets after the doctor. And at one point, maybe it was this last episode, didn't the doctor say something about 'his namesakes'?

I could have sworn one of them said the names were already picked out. I still have it on tape. I'll rewatch that part tonight.

I could have sworn one of them said the names were already picked out. I still have it on tape. I'll rewatch that part tonight.
    Did they have them picked out? How did they know it was two boys and a girl. I do remember something about their names, and the doctors name, or last name..Dr K?
    -Andy Rooney-

I just rewatched my tape. When younger Rebecca was talking with younger William, she told him something like "I was pregnant with triplets. On a whim we named them Kevin, Kate & Kyle." I took that to mean they chose the names before the babies were born. However, at the beginning of the show they did imply that they named them with K's because of the Doc. Apparently the "whim" happened after they already had the babies they went home with.
    I think I misinterpreted the comment.

So much for my theory. But still, I think giving him a triplet name may have reminded her of the baby they lost, and giving him his own separate name helped her accept & love him as himself.
    PWS, mika06, Eastcoastmom and 1 others like this.

There seems to be a rash of time-swapping shoes right now. This one is the best by far (IMHO).

I just rewatched my tape. When younger Rebecca was talking with younger William, she told him something like "I was pregnant with triplets. On a whim we named them Kevin, Kate & Kyle." I took that to mean they chose the names before the babies were born. However, at the beginning of the show they did imply that they named them with K's because of the Doc. Apparently the "whim" happened after they already had the babies they went home with.
    I think I misinterpreted the comment.

So much for my theory. But still, I think giving him a triplet name may have reminded her of the baby they lost, and giving him his own separate name helped her accept & love him as himself.
    Thanks Miss Scarlet...
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I was disappointed when Randall's bio dad just happened to walk up when the parents are taking the babies home. Too contrived for my taste. How could he have known when they would be leaving? Or that she was holding a black child? Or that it was his son? Just so contrived. And she sees this man walking towards the hospital and just knows he's the bio father? Based on what they have shown so far, I don't buy it. This show had so far been quite creative and unpredictable, but this didn't seem even a little bit believable. Of course, the truth will come back to bite mom. Once again, so predictable.

I FINALLY figured out where I know Randall from!!! He played Roland on Army Wives (2007-2013)! I loved his character and imo, he was never given much credit or enough storyline in that show. NOW, he's getting the role of a lifetime. Congratulations to Sterling K. Brown. I bet he's thrilled.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterling_K._Brown
    It didn't seem so farfetched to me. William easily could have seen that the firefighter took the baby to the hospital if he hung around after leaving him, and then he could have watched outside the hospital for a day or two or three just in case he could find out anything. Then seeing a white woman with a black baby (which could be noticeable, I would think) leaving, especially when the woman called out to him because he was watching them kind of intently, sealed the deal.

Sterling K. Brown also played Chris Darden in the recent OJ crime story series and was fantastic! He won an Emmy.
    PWS, mika06, KrazeeKy07 and 2 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread