+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 92 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast
Like Tree1661Likes

Thread: This Is Us

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Re: This Is Us

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    William (Randall's dad) clearly did do the right thing by not keeping the baby, given his state and the mom's. I can't recall when firehouses became official "leave your baby here" sites in some states... it would be nice if William recalled enough to say he waited in the bushes to be sure someone from the firehouse found the baby, but he doesn't...and maybe didn't. It doesn't look as if their mutual birthday is in the dead of winter (in CA) anyway, so maybe it wouldn't be that dangerous to leave the baby outdoors where sooner or later someone would exit or enter.
    The family doesn't live in California. They live in Pittsburgh.
    PWS likes this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Such a good episode last night!

Love how Randall got his name...though I don't think he would be too happy to hear the story. Clearly, Randall also does not like Miguel. At the end,when he said he wishes he found his Dad sooner so the girls could have a grandpa...I instantly thought that meant Jack passed away a while ago.

Kevin is such a brat, but I liked him a little more at the end when he fired Kate. Loved her and Toby!!! Her singing Time After Time over those scenes were great!

Next week looks intense!
    KTinCT likes this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

FORT Fogey

So glad to see Gerald McRaney back again. He does such a great job as the wise old doc. Wow, loved how Rebecca made a deal with the baby's dad all those years ago ... and apparently didn't tell Jack. I like how we could see the recognition between her and William as a foreshadowing of something from the past... and then they showed us. Even the way they fleshed out the character of William/"Shakespeare" as a poet, not just a druggie as he appeared to be. The story of how Randall got his non-K name was lovely. The Kate and Toby relationship, Kevin "firing" his sister so she could find herself as an individual ... I do LOVE this show and its depth of emotion!

Looking forward to finding out what happened to Jack and whether Randall blames Miguel for something having to do with that.
    Katydyd and Eastcoastmom like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Kate has a lovely singing voice. Toby, what a stand-up guy! Such a nice thing he did for her. Wondering now whether Kate will remain in LA now that Kevin has fired her as his assistant. I initially thought she was headed to NY with Kevin and wondered where that left things with Toby. Wow, the twin thing...so interesting. It's as if her only identity is being Kevin's twin. Hopefully she will find out who she is and where her passions lie. I kind of winced at the convo between Rebecca and the bus driver on the city bus...Afro-American, thin, yeah, that narrows it down a whole lot. Wasn't wearing my glasses when in flashback William handed Rebecca a book of poetry by his favorite author. So the poet's first or last name was Randall?

I can understand where Rebecca was coming from when she made the deal with William/Shakespeare all those years ago. Perhaps that is why she initially had trouble bonding with "Kyle" b/c in the back of her mind she feared he would be taken away from her. I loved William suggesting that she should give him his own name. But, otoh, it might come back to bite her in the a@s. With William not having much time left to live, if Randall finds out his mom kept William's identity a secret from him, he may resent her very much.

Love Randall, and his wife and kids. Only one I'm not too vested in so far is Kevin. His character is not appealing to me, but I do like that he for once thought about his sister and cut the cord by firing her. That was nice that he wasn't selfish, for once.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Yeah, I'm on the fence with Kevin as well. My least favorite out of the big 3! I'm much more invested in Randall and Kate's stories than Kevin's "I'm extremely good looking and don't want to act in this TV show anymore" poutiness. Tons of room for character improvement though...and firing Kate is a step in the right direction!

And Randall is so nice...so you know if he doesn't like you, there is probably a pretty big reason for that.
    Cornholio likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Wasn't wearing my glasses when in flashback William handed Rebecca a book of poetry by his favorite author. So the poet's first or last name was Randall?
    I really had to squint at that part, too, ECM, but the author was an African-American poet named Dudley Randall. Lots of info about him by googling. I'm glad Rebecca didn't name the baby Dudley!

I think Kevin knows he not only has to leave Kate to allow her to find herself, but that he also needs to stop being so dependent on her in order to find himself. Perhaps in doing that, we will get to see more about him and he won't seem so one-dimensional as a character. The death (or whatever) of Jack is key, I think, to the issues of the kids. Looking forward to finding out what happened! Killed on the job? Was Miguel involved? Was there a divorce first? Rebecca promised she wouldn't leave without him.
    Last edited by AlwaysVeg; 10-12-2016 at 12:39 PM.
    PWS and KrazeeKy07 like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I really had to squint at that part, too, ECM, but the author was an African-American poet named Dudley Randall. Lots of info about him by googling. I'm glad Rebecca didn't name the baby Dudley!
    Thanks for the info. Dudley, oh my. Yes, Randall is so much better. Also he shares the 'R' with his mom, Rebecca.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I stopped the TV, and when she handed the book to her husband, Randall was his last name. Lots of things to come, Kevin, who will he stay with? Will Randall's real father get help from an oncologist.?
    I can't wait until next week...
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post

I think Kevin knows he not only has to leave Kate to allow her to find herself, but that he also needs to stop being so dependent on her in order to find himself. Perhaps in doing that, we will get to see more about him and he won't seem so one-dimensional as a character. The death (or whatever) of Jack is key, I think, to the issues of the kids. Looking forward to finding out what happened! Killed on the job? Was Miguel involved? Was there a divorce first? Rebecca promised she wouldn't leave without him.
    I don't think divorce...only because she still wears the necklace from him. I do think Miguel was somehow involved or may be they just don't like the fact that Dad'S BFF wormed his way into Mom's heart.
    PWS and AlwaysVeg like this.

FORT Fan

Love this show. It just keeps getting better. I, too, was glad to see that Kevin fired Kate and hopefully that will make them both less dependent on each other. I really like Randall and love that they showed how he got his name. My only issue is that this show makes me cry! Every time!!
    PWS, Cornholio and AlwaysVeg like this.

+ Reply to Thread