+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This show is already in trouble

LG.
    actually Fox sticks with its reality shows better than a lot of other networks have. Forever Eden was a disaster and didn't even have a "season" to let end because it was formatted to run indefinitely, yet the ratings showed that wasn't going to happen.

ABC pulled the second season of The Mole for about a year after 2 or 3 episodes had aired. The Family (was this also ABC? I think so) got shelved for several months after just a couple of episodes had aired, and was later brought back with a "catch-up" premier. NBC had yanked The Restaurant 2 from last spring's schedule, only to bring it back in the summer and then admit that they really botched that scheduling. CBS has jerked around airing dates for TAR several times, saying that a season was going to air in the spring but then not airing it until the summer (a year ago) and now saying that TAR 6 was going to be on the fall schedule, but waffling about that start date too. I'd say that FOX is at least as consistent (if not moreso) than other network with their scheduling of reality tv shows. Of course I've recapped only the worst of reality tv shows, so I've seen plenty of the FOX series.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Regular
    I would say Fox is the only of the major networks, however, that has taken a reality show and essentially said "Stop!" and never aired the rest of the series.

Forever Eden of course was meant to run forever, and it was terrible, but they also yanked it well before the number of episodes they had taped so far had been shown. Playing it Straight was yanked off to be "played during the summer" and to my knowledge it never returned. And now there's The Next Great Champ, which too could be headed to the graveyard.

At least when ABC and CBS yanked the Mole/Family and TAR, respectively, they still showed them. While Forever Eden, by nature of its "infinite" premise, you can't really fault (since no matter WHEN it ended, it might have been mid-show), some of the other Fox shows may have had fans that were caught "mid-show" and want to know who won or what happened.

T.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic
    Fox has a habit of yanking reality shows before they are over (ala Forever Eden) ... I hope this doesn't happen. I am curious to see who wins this thing.

Well, this show is about to go on a two and a half week hiatus, and I wouldn't be surprised if they canceled it altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Thonolan
    Well, this show is about to go on a two and a half week hiatus, and I wouldn't be surprised if they canceled it altogether.

oy vey. Is this due to the playoffs? This doesn't bode well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thonolan
    Don't tease me like that! Where did you hear this?
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Don't tease me like that! Where did you hear this?

I explained it in greater detail on my "The Next Great Champ going on hiatus" thread, and the info is accurate.
    Last edited by Thonolan; 09-29-2004 at 12:18 PM.

FORT Fogey
    FOX does have a history of canceling reality shows in mid run: Forever Eden and Playing it Straight or two obvious examples.
    Last edited by Thonolan; 09-30-2004 at 05:02 PM.

FORT Fogey
    oy vey. Is this due to the playoffs? This doesn't bode well.

Apparently, it has nothing to do with the playoffs. Also, they've even discontined the friday repeats of this show.

FORT Regular
    I think this show is moving to Fox's cable network, Fox Sports Net.

Fox has a habit of yanking reality shows before they are over (ala Forever Eden) ... I hope this doesn't happen. I am curious to see who wins this thing.

Maybe they should show it on their FoxSports networks .. kind of like NBC does with Apprentice reruns over on CNBC. If more 'sports' fans knew about it, maybe they would watch.

hey look ... someone listened to my idea for once.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast