+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by did_it_again
    Cool recap. I feel asleep like a little baby ,but I'll catch it on Tivo. Looks like one of my final four picks won,but it seems he's not all that well liked. I wonder if I'll dislike him to.
    Well, he's racist, greedy, arrogant, and has married badly. Is that a start?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

on vacation
    I watched the replay tonight on Fox. I have to say I liked it enough to watch again next week when it's on.

I think the reason most of them hate the guy ranked #1 is because he is ranked #1 but also, after dominating the sit up challenge, he didn't really dominate the fight.

It's weird to me with the family members, especially the wives and girlfriends.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

I missed the initial airing,but watched it tonight. The #1 ranked contender came off as arrogant,but what would you expect. It's boxing. After Muhammad Ali boxers ,as well as a lot of athletes talk trash. He's just running his mouth to psyche himself up and the others out.
    He could have left his sailor cursing mother at home as far as I'm concerned, but that's another issue.

Ok here is what I dont like about the competition. The top ranking has nothing to do with boxing ability. Tthe arrogant white guy is going to lose very soon. He is not that good at all. He is very sloppy and he is lucky that he pulled out that decision.

I also dont like that we are not clear on what the scoring is, and how its done. In the edited fight we got to see it looked like the other guy won only to have a Unaimous Dec go the other way. I dont like that at all. I think they need to show the whole 3 min rounds and they can edit out the inbetween round comments. If people say that is too much boxing, well its a boxing show, so people who like boxing should be the one watching it. I love boxing, and I was disgusted at the hatchet job they did of that fight. 4 3 minute rounds is only 12 minutes. Surely they can fit it in, I mean do we really need to see them jogging? give me a break. Show the whole fight!

From the looks of what was shown in the fight I thought the other guy won also. I figure the fight was edited in such a way as to make the viewers think he was losing. Pareja is more mouth then anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by j2dap
    From the looks of what was shown in the fight I thought the other guy won also. I figure the fight was edited in such a way as to make the viewers think he was losing. Pareja is more mouth then anything else.
    thats exactly what they were doing and I odnt like it at all. They need to show the whole fight, or else I call BS on this hwiole series. I think they are editing this way and niot giving us ideas on how judges score it so they can protect there behinds and have there hand picked guy win it all. I think they have already determined who will win this and it isnt right. Hopefully the Contender doesnt do this

Jay
    I didn't find any of the boxers interesting. Oscar lacks the charm required of a host and the editing was horrific. I'll skip this show and wait for The Contender.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12