+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: David "Danger" Pareja

David "Danger" Pareja

[IMG]images/img/ngc_6.jpg[/IMG]

Look at that fight record. Drives four hours to train. I give him final four status. The kid is hungry.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Ugh, he irritated the hell out of me. And his wife is a piece of work...seemed much older than him.

ANyhow, I thought when he fought RC, it was edited way too much...so you really couldnt get a good sense of how he fought. My 2 cents.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Hand the ass his hat.

Really, he came off as racist, stupid, greedy, spoiled (the Jacuzzi comment), arrogant and boorish.

At least 50% of that is due to reality editing (constantly showing and reshowing his "big black and ugly" comment in scenarios he probably didn't mean it about), but that still leaves the other 50%.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Will he was looking right at him.

........O.K I can see why you guys don't like him. I caught it last night on tivo and thought this guy was really trying to hard,like he had this 2x4 on his shoulder or something. I don't wanna go out and call him a racist ,but he's verbally toeing the line. I'm still going to say he makes the final four,but he looked flat footed at times.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLF74
    Will he was looking right at him.
    No he wasn't. He was interviewed in an empty studio somewhere and the editing CUT to a shot that happened in another place and time featuring Otis. Reality TV does this kind of thing all of the time. It builds a narrative based on editing. Takes tight camera shots in different times and places and implies something happened that didn't (heck, they even occasionally digitally edit minor details for the same reason).

Again, I'm not defending this butthead. HE said enough stuff that there's no denying he feels superior, and that he's at the very least he's racially insensitive. Nobody uses the phrase "big, black and ugly" lightly, even if it isn't aimed at a particular person. But you can see that the show is perfectly willing to magnify his traits even more by implying he said it practically to the face of someone, and over and over and over again. When in fact he said it once, in private, about nobody in particular. And that's bad enough.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

whats up with his wife. She needs to get punched in the jaw as well

FORT Newbie
    I disagree on the "racist" thing. Of course, it's possible that he is but I can say as a white cat that lives in the hood and boxes in gyms all over you get zero respect based solely on skin color until you get in the ring. So cats are always judging you, making cracks. If the show was about a white dominated sport, then you might see a brother with a chip on his shoulder...especially if the other white athletes talked like "oh black dudes are just the great black hope" they chumps.

He's fighting that so he feels like he has to come with more than everybody else.

I'll cut him some slack on the racist label,but he has a big mouth. I think that might be the reason, at least for me it is, that he's so disliked. Somebody has to be the bad guy here so I guess he took up the reigns so I'm cool with that for now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast