+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 12/6 Show Discussion

Re: 12/6 Show Discussion

An after Edit time thought: Since the downfall of many bands is the vocals, why can't a genre develop where a lead guitar or keyboard plays the lyric line instead? Do we all have to try to figure out the words so we can sing along? Isn't some of the best of rock and roll, at least, the serious guitar riff? Could some counter-culture group face down tradition and say to H*** with lyrics? Just a thought.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2710717;
    I am in the minority here, but I liked Light of Doom's version of We Will Rock You.
    Except for the drum thing at the start, it was their best performance. But all three judges dumped on them. Weird. As if they were following a script: so next week when they are eliminated nobody will be shocked.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2712785;
    An after Edit time thought: Since the downfall of many bands is the vocals, why can't a genre develop where a lead guitar or keyboard plays the lyric line instead? Do we all have to try to figure out the words so we can sing along? Isn't some of the best of rock and roll, at least, the serious guitar riff? Could some counter-culture group face down tradition and say to H*** with lyrics? Just a thought.
    Even Hendrix had lyrics. Instrumentals don't sell millions, which is the point of the show, unless you are into New Age stuff.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by silvertoast;2715630;
    Even Hendrix had lyrics. Instrumentals don't sell millions, which is the point of the show, unless you are into New Age stuff.
    I don't know, there are a lot of great bands that just do instrumentals. A lot of them are in the Jazz genre, but if you remember Chuck Mangione sold MILLIONS with his instrumental: Feels So Good. And that was a crossover hit that went mainstream.

Granted instrumentals are not AS popular, but there have been some good ones. Spyro Gyro is one of my favorite groups and they are only instrumental. Again, in the Jazz genre, but the Allman Brothers also produced some hits that were instrumental only.

Europa by Santana remains one of my ALL TIME favorites.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I didn't really know where else to put this but.......

JUST A REMINDER:

Tomorrow night's show (12/14) will be shown an hour later than the usual time slot.

I know there were some who missed the show last week because they set their recorders for the old timeslot so I wanted to make sure and try and remind everyone about this week!!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

It's time for next week's show and I finally got time to read about last weeks. I agree that the Clark's weren't quite as good as they've been up until now. I hope their next original song is better. For the first time this season I thought Sixwire had them beat. Then again it's very rare for me to rate the same group as #1 every single week.

I'm in a group with a lot of Dot Dot Dot fans (at least people who wanted them to be top 3). Their ... votes would either stop coming or go to the Clark Brothers or Sixwire. I really hope that Denver or LOD go home this week but I'm not sure which.

Kim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234