+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Media Conference Call with “Dicko” Dickson, 11/14/07 – “I Can’t Wear Pants That High"

FORT Newbie

Re: Media Conference Call with “Dicko” Dickson, 11/14/07 – “I Can’t Wear Pants That H

Quote Originally Posted by John;2669094;
    Awesome job, AJane! The guy sounds like he's a lot of fun.
    He is actually a very very nice guy especially in real life. My girlfriend is good friends with him having met him through her ex-boyfriend who worked for him at his Watercooler production company.

I feel its a little unfortunate for him that this show has not performed to expectations because I'm sure he believes in the format. Launching bands and artists is Dicko's passion and any comments he gives the band, on the whole, are intended as constructive criticism aimed at preparing them for the industry.

Re: Media Conference Call with “Dicko” Dickson, 11/14/07 – “I Can’t Wear Pants That H

I like him.I think he gives the bands constructive criticism based on his years of experience in the business.He doesn't insult the bands just to get camera time like other judges we can name.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by princessKIM;2679540;
    I like him.I think he gives the bands constructive criticism based on his years of experience in the business.He doesn't insult the bands just to get camera time like other judges we can name.
    I agree. It seems like all the judges really want all the bands to succeed and are trying to help them perfect their performances instead of just going for the cheap insult. I really hate insults for comedy and ratings sakes.

IF and that's a big IF, this show has another season, Rezick will probably not come back. It appears he hates the live fans and the booing. Doesn't seem to bother Dicko or Sheila though. I think they all give great advice and we've seen what happens to the bands that don't follow it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Terrific interview, AJane! I'm sorry to say I haven't had a chance to watch this show, but I do have it TiVo'd, so I'd better get busy watching after reading the interview.

I loved Dicko's take on the bands.

Obviously, I don't know who this act is, but I loved this comment:

Dot Dot Dot – “Amusing, bordering on rubbish. Adam is a great performer, but he’s like Mr. Bubbles for the emo world.”

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12