+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 11/9 Show Discussions

11/9 Show Discussions

For the three of us that are going to be watching. This thread should be all the way up to 80 or 90 posts before all is said & done.

Re: 11/9 Show Discussions

Time for the three of us to totally disagree!

Well on most stuff. We all agree that Dicko lives up to his name, right?

"Bill Joel Night" could be VERY painful with some of these folks. Good for one or two, I guess. Dot Dot Dot will certainly Suck Suck Suck.

First up: Franklin Bridge - who I love but who I've seen a lot of dissent on. Doing "Big Shot".

Hmm. They took the advice to pare down the long instrumentals. But I actually think it needed a bit. The song really didn't suit their lead singer, so a bigger instrumental might have lifted things up a bit. This will be FAR from the worst tonight, I think, but also far from the best.
    Last edited by Krom; 11-09-2007 at 08:09 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

ok, was it just me or did that really suck?

Franklin Bridge & Big Shots. These guys are obviouslty very talented, but did the singer forget all the words or just the preponderance of them? They should stick around again though with no problem.

Guys, keep it up with the pbp. Can't watch and can't TiVo tonight as husband has the dvr occupied.

Ah. Hillbilly time.

Doing "You May Be Right" in a somewhat bizarre fashion. Which actually, oddly, ALMOST worked, as strange as it was. I didn't love it, but I give them marks for twisting the song enough to sort of make it fit their style. It didn't bother me as much as it did Dick-o, but now that I've heard it once I probably never want to hear it again.

Next up: Denver & His Big Ol' Bunch of Mile High Dudes. Doing "Tell Her About It".

Verdict on Denver: The band was great, the musical arrangement was BETTER than great, but Denver himself came off flat and uncharismatic.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

OMG tonight is the 1st time I've watched this show. Friday night is usually not a TV night for me. Wow... Franklin Bridge was amazing! wow
    razorbacker! (you know I'm not a Big Country Fan )
    BUT wow at that Country version of "You May Be Right!" That was too cool!
    Those clown butts (Denver whatever) ain't got no game.

Old #7, well...hmm...I reckon it was good.

Loved Denver though. I am a sucker for the Big Band sound & I would really like to see these guys live.

I had no idea until they were well into it that Franklin Bridge was singing Big Shot. Totally unrecognizable, and not enjoyable to listen too.

Cliff & the Old #7. I like a little bluegrass now and again - but a little goes a long way with me. I like these guys, though, glad they made it for another week. I kind of liked their arrangement of the song, it wasn't bad.

Denver & TMHO did a great job with Tell Her About It, I thought. Denver is really growing on me.

FB, not too good, unlike their usual performance. Old #7, I thought did a pretty good job, albeit a tad sedate. DMHO I thought has been the best so far.

Oh, crap, crap, crap - they're back.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast