+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 11/2 Show Discussion

11/2 Show Discussion

Just in case anyone else shows up to watch tonight.

Re: 11/2 Show Discussion

Well, gee. It's like 2 hours Fox didn't know what to do with. They probably don't expect ANYONE to watch.

Which is a shame since as we discovered last week, at least 3 of these bands deserve more.

Let's see if "Dicko" lives up to his name again.

Sixwire is through first. No big surprise--at least if we judge by quality. Then again, much of America may not.

I just realized, if they are expected to have an original song for EVERY week of this show that's demanding almost a full album's worth, isn't it?

And Sixwire's original KILLED. Good genre crossing Country-Rock. The Elton John cover wasn't quite as stellar, but I still thought it was at least good, if not fantastic.
    Last edited by Krom; 11-02-2007 at 08:12 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I did not enjoy Sixwire at all - particularly not Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me. Nuh uh - not at all. In all fairness, though, I must disclose that I like "new country" just as much as I like disco.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I thought Sixwire was killer as anopener. There original was great & the Elton cover was as well. I see these guys being in for the long run.

Jerry Seinfeld as a Bee selling me McDonalds. Blech.

Faux Beatles next? Okay. There were FAR worse.

Actually I get more than a bit of The Kinks from them as well. Maybe I'll start calling them Faux Kinks instead.

EDIT - Yeah. The original is far more Kinks like than Beatlish. It wasn't bad. It's just too pat to be truly groundbreaking. Plus, I don't think they are great musicians. They have enough stage presence to distract from that a bit, but they aren't.

And Dickhe@d mentioned the Yardbirds too. I actually agree with him. Assuming Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page had all been much worse guitarists, I mean.
    Last edited by Krom; 11-02-2007 at 08:25 PM.

I kept flashing on Mike Myers singing On the BBC at the end of Austin Powers.

ETA: Okay, kinda liked Love Lies Bleeding.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Tres Bien??? Tres off! Do any of the guitarists know how to play?

At least Tres Bien was better than last week, but they never seemed to get on pitch on the EJ song. I did like the original, reminded me of the Animals.

It's gotta be a bit tough to be sitting in that room waiting for your name to be called knowing that every group that goes out to perform narrows your chances just a little bit more.

Wow. The singing girl on that Ikea commercial (assuming any others of you saw that in your markets) makes the worst act on this show seems like gold.

Next up: the GREAT Franklin Bridge.

I'd have quit the show if they hadn't made it.

Makes me think. This "random" order has chewed up 2 of the 3 best bands right at the beginning. And even Tres Bien was far from the worst. The last hour of this show could stink in comparison.

Do I even HAVE to comment on how good they were? I know some purists may hate how much they adapted the Elton John song... but heck... I love the originality and guts that shows.
    Last edited by Krom; 11-02-2007 at 08:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast