+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 11/2 Show Discussion

Re: 11/2 Show Discussion

Get Back, Honky Cat really should have been better than it was.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine3331;2644820;
    Oh, lord have mercy, how did these guys make it through?
    They're not bad compared to Crap Crap Crap.

I think their cover was actually okay too.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2644828;
    They're not bad compared to Crap Crap Crap.

I think their cover was actually okay too.
    I guess I just don't like banjo music.

I don't get the whole dot dot dot thing. They were better than last week but they couldn't have gone backwards.

I really like the Old #7 guys. I like the fact that they could just be sitting in my living room pickin, & drinkin & it would still sound great.

#7 was better this week than last. Not sure if they can stay in much longer, though. Bluegrass is an acquired taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;2644794;
    Light of Doom should have learned how to pronounce Taupin before getting out on stage.

Still like the Clark Brothers, but their original last week was better. Never heard that Elton/Bernie song, but I liked it.

Sixwire was okay, can't even remember what they sang now. I do like the lead singer, he's got a nice voice.

Franklin Bridge - Philadelphia Freedom was totally unrecognizable, and I have to agree with Dicko that it sounded like a radio pulling in several stations. The original was kind of boring.

Tres Bien make me feel like I'm back in the 60s - which is not necessarily a good thing They're fairly entertaining, but I doubt I'd buy the CD.
    Country Comfort is off of the Tumbelweed Connection album.

Soundman blew the settings for The Muggs. Either they did it differently in rehearsal or someone doesn't know how to work a sound board.

Edited to add: and it didn't get any better...

I have to say I agree with the judges on this one. I thought the Muggs sucked. And the "singer" didn't help himself by booing the critiques. Dude, you can't sing, take their advise & look for a front man & in the words of Frank Zappa "Shut up & play your guitar"

What a difference a week makes (plus listening to the show while I work on a marketing project instead of watching it). Ya'll should try it. Just listen and don't watch the bands and it really makes a huge difference.

Anyways... Six Wire failed to impress me this time around.

Light of Doom...they were much better tonight. The singer sounded better and since I wasn't watching them it didn't weird me out how young they are and yet acting older hehe.

Franklin Bridge? They seem so busy (too much going on with the guitars that guy chanting or something in the background)..... when I'm not enjoying the singers "look" it makes a difference.

The Ol Something or Other... they sounded better tonight.

Dot..Dot.. Dot.. who? who? who? Exactly. I still think they are horrible and he just reminds me so much of Pukeas from Rockstar: Supernova that I can't get past that.

Clark Brothers.. sort of weirded me out tonight. Something was off about them and I'm not sure why. They just didn't bring that magic again.

The Muggs still stink.. please no more singing.

Finally.. who is the dork next to Sheila E (the one with the dark hair)? He needs to shut up.. actually they both do. I just hate the judges on this show.

Yeah, they did suck tonight. I was hoping they'd do better. Sheila was right, they need a singer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast