+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 11/2 Show Discussion

Re: 11/2 Show Discussion

They may be front loading for "suspense"... Which of the sucky bands get to stay? Stay tuned.

Apparently Menudo had a great idea.

Lame bands starring infants which get Tweens screaming ARE sure-fire winners/money makers. Even if they suck.

I bet Light of Doom's parents started some kind of power-voting phone/email tree and it sprung from there. That said, they appeal to the Radio Disney crowd anyway, and that's SO many automatic votes.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Light of Doom play quite well, but their singer unfortunately doesn't have a very distinctive voice. If he was more distinctive, Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting would have been quite excellent. Almost.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Light of Doom may have some good musicians, but that lead singer is just monotone from beginning to end. Maybe that's what 13 year old heavy metalists do though. Poor Bernie Poppin...

While I don't particularly care for Light of Doom, the lead guitarist is fantastic. Anyone remember Mike Welch (blues guy, like Stevie Ray) when he was 12? The kid in LoD is just as good.

Light of Doom should have learned how to pronounce Taupin before getting out on stage.

Still like the Clark Brothers, but their original last week was better. Never heard that Elton/Bernie song, but I liked it.

Sixwire was okay, can't even remember what they sang now. I do like the lead singer, he's got a nice voice.

Franklin Bridge - Philadelphia Freedom was totally unrecognizable, and I have to agree with Dicko that it sounded like a radio pulling in several stations. The original was kind of boring.

Tres Bien make me feel like I'm back in the 60s - which is not necessarily a good thing They're fairly entertaining, but I doubt I'd buy the CD.

Dot Dot Dot being next makes me say "What What What".

America apparently ain't that smart.

Already I'm flipping with another channel. If I suddenly stop posting tonight you'll know I was too fed up.

EDIT - The original was kind of "Meh Meh Meh", but the EJ cover? More like "Barf Barf Barf"...

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Oh man, the goodwill I felt for them engendered by their charming how-they-got-their name story has been completely ripped asunder by this crap crap crap song.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Dot Dot Dot... Dull Dull Dull

Oh, lord have mercy, how did these guys make it through?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast