+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who do you think will not make it to the next round?

FORT Newbie

Who do you think will not make it to the next round?

Out of the 12 bands that we all saw playing at least 2 songs now who do you think will not make it to the next round. I believe 2 bands get voted off on the next show.

Re: Who do you think will not make it to the next round?

I'm hoping that it's The Hatch & Dot Dot Dot. But, I would be Ok if it was Rocket or Light of Doom. In honor of the Breeders Cup weekend, I'll play the Superfecta on these 4.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

My choices to be booted next round would be The Hatch and Rocket......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I'm hoping "against" Rocket and Tres Bien. It seems a buch of people like TB (as seen in the show thread), but I was there in the 60s and these guys don't measure up.

I'd be more than pleased to see the end of The Hatch and The Likes of You.

I'm surprised that so many here don't care for Rocket. What, no Runaways fans around the forum? I really see potential in them, as well as Tres Bien! LOD is fun to watch, and I'd like to see them develop further as well. As for Dot Dot Dot, I think they deserve at least one more chance.

Unfortunately, though, I think we've seen the last of Cliff & The Old #7. I don't think there's a hope in hell the people that vote are going to support a bunch of old guys playing that genre of music. If Denver doesn't go this week, I predict he'll be on the block the following week. It's not talent, which I think both groups have, but their musical genres just don't have that wide of an appeal (Michael Buble being an anomaly). If it's not Denver, then I would guess TLOY are history.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

The Rockets compared to the Runaways? No way, not that I'm a big Joan Jett/Lita Ford fan either. I want the Rockets and the Hatch to go home first, easily.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I think (and hope) it will be The Hatch and Denver and the Mile High Orchestra. Both were boring and it's always better to be bad than boring in the early weeks. I actually liked Rocket and have hopes for Dot Dot Dot and Tres Bien. I think The Likes of You and Tres Bien are the next most likely to go home next week because they don't stand out all that much.

I entirely forgot about the Mile High Orchestra when I posted before! Based on that, I'll predict them to go home along with the Hatch, or Rocket.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I was so hoping the Hatch would go home. I don't know why I disliked the band so much before they got booted (they were boring but not obnoxious) but I know why I dislike them now (since they were definitely obnoxious in their booted comments).

I'm sort of sad TLOY got booted given that the singer said Elton was his favourite artist. I wish they could have sung their song - (but not both booted bands at the end so we save the worst for last).

Next week I think The Muggs and Rocket will go home. The Muggs were so good the first week but they totally mangled the Elton John song. Both groups screwed up with their attitudes. (I didn't notice it as much for Franklin Bridge but they have enough talent to get away with a bit of attitude).

Cdn,I didn't get what the singer of The Hatch was talking about in his final comments.It sounded snarky though.Can you clear it up for me?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast