+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 10/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

If I have to rate the WORST, it would probably be:

Light of Doom - Just ludicrous

Dot Dot Dot - Stank Stank Stank

Rocket - As has been said, girl groups need to be better than guy groups to get noticed. These girls are worst than at least 3/4 of the "guy groups" on this ONE show though, not "better" as they need to be. NO charisma. And pretty lame skills.

The Hatch - BOOOORING.

Any of these four could go and I won't even blink.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

My favorites are The Clark Brothers, Sixwire and Franklin Bridge followed very closely by The Muggs and Cliff Wagner.

Dot Dot Dot would make a great party band and I could see myself really having a good time listening and watching them at a club but I don't see them as TNGAB.

Tres Bien are very current stylists and they are appealing because of that but that really isn't my kind of music.

Rocket...they would have been great back in the 80's when the new wave was so popular.

The Likes of You...I like the lead singer but the band is forgettable to me.

The Hatch...cute lead singer but I forget they are in this competition.

DMHO....entertaining but I am afraid their style won't appeal to the masses who vote.

Light of Doom....I think the boys are adorable (I could pinch the drummers cheek-he's so cute!) and they have the teeny bopper vote. Plus just by looking on the net, even though they aren't the best singers, they are the ones that most people are talking about when they mention the show. If they bring more people to watching the show, not only is that a plus for FOX and the life of this show but that could also be a plus for the other bands too.

I love Cliff Wagner and really hope that America continues to keep them in the competition. They bring something unique to this competition and even though I am not really a fan of bluegrass, I could listen to them sing all day.

I'm enjoying this show and wish more people watched it.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

To the Point

I'm in agreement with you guys regarding the top three. Clark Brothers, Sixwire and Franklin Bridge. They all have great things to offer and are recording ready.

I'm going to post, then read.

My rankings:
    1. Clark Brothers - this is my favourite group. I just love their style.
    2. Sixwire - I was tempted to put them first but I decided to go by my liking even though I kindof think they deserve to be first. It's interesting I love when artists take a song and re-arrange it and make it their own but Sixwire stood out because it was the only group that didn't do that (at least to the same extent). Mr. Tambourine Man suited them and they got props for 'respecting the song'.
    3. The Muggs - I don't know why I like these guys so much but I do. I noticed the singer didn't finish his lines but I love the tone of his voice.
    4. Franklin Bridge - I really don't know where to put these guys because I don't enjoy their music. I know they're good but I'd put them 6th or 7th based on personal preference alone.
    5. Rocket - I love their style and I really liked the way the rearranged Knocking on Heaven's door. It was a totally different song and it sounded like their own. Their own song I didn't like as much.
    6. Cliff Wagner and #7 - I really enjoy their sound
    7. The Likes of You - I really liked the way he sang the Dylan song but I wasn't as thrilled with the original. The top 7 were all really good and I could see people ranking them in very different ways (possibly putting Rocket lower than some of my bottom 5). I think The Likes of You might be in a bit of danger because they didn't get a lot of airplay last week and because he admitted that he put the group together specifically for this contest. Also, the first time I tried a ranking list, I forgot about them - not a good sign.

The next group I ranked by starting at the bottom and working my way up.
    8. Light of Doom - I like their style and they are a fun band but I don't want them to stay longer than anyone in my top 7 (#9 and 10 below could break into my top 7 without me being upset about it). They need a few years before I can take them seriously. They have a big fan base and I think they' make it into the top 8 (which is this week and next) for sure.
    9. Dot Dot Dot - I think they blew it but they could do better. I like their style and I think they'll make it through to next week. Boy does the lead singer ever remind me of Lukas Rossi!
    10. Tres Bien - another group I was expecting to like but didn't. I hope they make it through because I think I could like them. Something bugged me about the lead singers voice on his original and the Dylan song is hard for me to like - too fast and you can't understand the words. I didn't like it when Dylan did it either.
    11. Denver and the Mile High Orchestra. I missed them last week but I had hopes that they would be good. Somehow they just didn't come accross as modern enough for my. I would have enjoyed the do-wop group more.
    12. Hatch - I thought they were generic last week and I liked them even less this week. They're ok but I was bored and I didn't want to watch them. For some reason, I wanted to fast forward them. There are a lot of lead singers I find better looking than this guy (almost all of them actually).

I really enjoyed the premiere of this show and I am REALLY upset that I missed the 10/25 show!!! I have looked all over and cannot find a video online (Fox has an on demand website but do not include American Band)
    my daughter apparantly accidentally cancelled the recording when she was setting the tivo to record hannah montana
    ARGH
    if anyone knows where I can find the episode, please let me know, thx!
    "I like talking to a brick wall, it's the only thing in the world that never contradicts me. "

So, is there a results show on another day, or will we see the results of the voting at the beginning of each weeks show, or what? i'm sure it was mentioned, but I probably fast forwarded over it when I was skipping ads.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2639214;
    So, is there a results show on another day, or will we see the results of the voting at the beginning of each weeks show, or what? i'm sure it was mentioned, but I probably fast forwarded over it when I was skipping ads.
    From what I gather, there isn't a results show so I would assume that they would reveal at the beginning of each week's show who received the lowest votes.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345