+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Premium Member

Re: 10/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I just now tuned in, and I'm really liking Sixwire. I love their harmony.

FORT Fan

Just remembered who Franklin Bridge reminded me of.
    Living Colour.

I'm impressed. This is a really good show. It's strictly a matter of taste to see who gets to the end. They're all good in their own way.

Sixwire play well, but I can't work up any enthusiasm for "new country". Housewives choice is right.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Bottom two vote getters going home. If I had my druthers that would be The Hatch & ... followed really closely by Rocket & the young un's.

I have to agree that for now this seems to be a 3 way race between Franklin Bridge, Sixwire, & The Clark Brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2631952;
    I just now tuned in, and I'm really liking Sixwire. I love their harmony.
    You're only an hr. & 54 minutes late. But welcome to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6;2631955;
    I'm impressed. This is a really good show. It's strictly a matter of taste to see who gets to the end. They're all good in their own way.
    I think taste is always a factor. But I'm not prepared to say they are ALL good. Almost half of what we saw was pretty lacking.

From what's left, and good, we had a nice mix. Country, rock, bluegrass, big band, Funk/Soul, American traditional music... there's a bunch to pick from. Out of that only Country and Rock can really make huge bucks for a record company, but its nice to see the other stuff anyway, since we as viewers don't really give a rat's @ss about what's good for a record company.

I have to agree that for now this seems to be a 3 way race between Franklin Bridge, Sixwire, & The Clark Brothers.
    Yeah. The rest hardly need to show up. I mean, as I said, there may be 3 other acts that are at least okay, but Franklin Bridge, Sixwire, and The Clarks are all recording ready.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Franklyn Bridge - what is their sound? I thought they said Blues but the spouse insisted it was Funk but now I'm reading here that you guys are saying Rock. I think if they went off into the funk direction they could go far. I loved their sound and the voice of the singer (can't say that for a large majority of tonight's bands). I have to agree that I didn't care for their clothing but that's a minor thing.

Six Wire was freaking amazing. They had it all. Unlike that band that was created for this show (the one that was together 5 months and you could tell they were a new group) this group felt and looked tight and I loved the original song. Plus unlike a lot of these bands, the lead could actually sing and the harmony was great.

The Clark Brothers.. not usually a fan of the no-electric sound (I love electric guitar solos) but they were really good. Doesn't hurt their chances that the lead singer is a total hottie.

Its between these three with the rest of them not even in the same game. The hubby never watches the reality shows with me but he actually watched all two hours and was rather impressed with most of the bands (unlike me heh). The rest of the bands can go home and I will be happy just watching these three for the remainder of the series.

FORT Fan

Yep, It seems to be between SixWire, Clark Brothers, and Franklin Bridge.
    I will throw in below them Tres Bien and Likes of You as the next tier.
    After that-the Muggs and the Cliff Wagner guys.

The rest weren't very good at all, especially Dot Dot Dot and
    the Denver Big band folks.

I agree Harmony. I don't think any of the other bands come close to Franklin Bridge,The Clark Brothers and Sixwire.All in all,I enjoyed the show very much.Love John Rzeznik.I think he gives great constructive advice and is honest.Also he's easy on the eyes I just hope Fox doesn't cancel it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast