+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

The New Beatles, er... Tres Bien, aren't as spectacular as the Clark Brothers, but in their own way they have an act which really could be a smash. I mean, what they are doing is timeless, if derivative, and they do it VERY well.

The bassline of their original song is practically ripped right out of a Beatles song.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Hate to say this, but the 6th graders are far better musicians than Tres Bien.

Franklin Bridge needs to drop the Gangstawear (its even worse in the recorded clips of them than what they wear on stage) and dress sharp. Otherwise, they are dead on.

They've got a little Robert Randolph and The Family Band thing going on (which if you don't know them... you should).

Hey Paul...I mean Sheila agrees with me that Franklin Bridge are going to win. Cool.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Tres Bien is just Tres Goofy. I never understood a word of what he was singing during the original song. Franklyn Bridge is definitely one of the better groups out there, but they destroyed Dylan. What was that? And we have found out before just how tough it is to market a Black Rock band. Just ask the Bus Boys, they were a great Black rock band ( I even think they were from Philly, but I may be wrong) that got lost in the marketing quagmire.

Dot Dot Dot is...

Not Not Not.

And I am a child of the New Wave band age they are (badly) emulating. I just don't like THEM.

I have a really difficult time reconciling myself to the idea of the Goo Goo Doll critiqueing other people's music. Not that he isn't right, but really - pot, meet kettle.

And dick though he may be, Dicko voiced my feelings when he referred to Dot Dot Dot as an advertising exec's idea of a rock band. They just come across as sooooo contrived I feel like I'm watching the band playing at a Brady nightclub in The Brady Bunch: The New Millennium.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

... is just loud loud loud, & that singer is just ob ob ob noxious... should not stick around any longer than absolutely necessary...

FORT Fan

The Clark Brothers are amazing to me. They have good songs, great
    vocals, unbelievable musicians. And they are cute which doesn't hurt any!
    And Tres Bien is a lot of fun.
    Franklin Bridge reminds me of Lenny Kravitz or that group a few years ago that sounded like him. (I honestly don't remember their name but similar to them)
    They are also strong.

I think this is a three way horserace between Sixwire, Franklin Bridge, and the Clark Brothers.

A few others are "okay". I'd put Tres Bien, the Bluegrass guys whatever their names are (sumthin' about the #7), and those Likes of You guys in that middle space. Maybe in the VERY back of that middle pack, Denver and his big band. Tonight was crap, but I liked them a bit on the taped show last week.

The rest?

No. Just no.
    Last edited by Krom; 10-26-2007 at 09:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast